And another thing I'm looking for - something goofy to use instead of an elevator

Yuukie Onmura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have some of the floating islands from TDE on our parcel, and I'm looking for "something silly" to get up to them, but so far no luck...

here's what I've been thinking of:

- a trampoline

- a "human cannonball" thing like they used to do in circuses long ago

So what I need is a contraption that you'd sit on/in, and it would hurl you (literally) to a defined spot in the same region, complete with bouncing off things that got in the way.

I know this can be done with clever scripts, I have that "space bunny" costume from melonbunny that comes with a jetpack-like backpack that does exactly this...

Any ideas?

• Like 1

vector force = <0,0,500>;
{  collision_start(integer n)
   {  while(~--n)
      {  llPushObject(llDetectedKey(n),force*llGetRot(),ZERO_VECTOR,FALSE);
      }
   }
}

Trampolines are pretty easy. Try putting that in a flat cylinder prim, and change 500 to taste.

There used to be an avatar cannon at the west end of the mall in Mosh. You sat on it to start, and it put you in the barrel and launched you to a club several hundred meters away, where you landed in a landing area next to the dance floor. It's gone, though.

For a hunt, I made a rocket launcher. The rocket capsule would land on the moon about 100 meters away and maybe 90 meters or so up. You could get out of the rocket capsule and walk on there. I also had a moon buggy that would travel right around the moon clinging to the surface. Trouble is the set up needed about 1/2 a region to work... Loads of fun! (To me at least haha)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.