How to find SecondLife New Places to explore and hangout [Video tutorial]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a great video and delivers on a number of levels. I'm going to put a link to it in my "Where are All the People?" sign at the Memory Bazaar Infohub in Ross which I manage.

I found it fascinating how he automatically edited out possible locations that in fact most people don't want to go to, e.g. Vore or Adult. That is, sure, they have their constituencies but when you are starting out you don't want to be thrown into extremes. The map is actually a better way than using search and events which are broken on the SL viewer in a number of ways but better on Firestorm, although it looks like FS adopted that overly baggy search interface.

The Lindens should be grateful to people like this willing to spend time making a video to explain basic realities of virtuality.

Of course if they had billboards for hire in their own on-boarding system there would be less time wasted because those companies willing to help newbies or with offerings they can easily adapt to would then pay for advertising which the Lindens could moderate. There is both too much and too little advertising capacity in SL.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.