Region Environment Settings ... feedback on upcoming viewer feature

Oz Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Of course, you're right. I didn't think it through. I thought of going along a road on the mainland with small parcels around it, but then I wouldn't pass through any (or maybe a few) other parcels, and obviously wouldn't see any other environment settings. The image i had in my head was quite interesting, though.

I agree it would be a pity, and probably frustrating, if people ended up overriding the region settings.

- Luc -

What a half-a** job on a feature again.  LL if your going to something big like this work on it longer and do it right.

What good does this do for mainland people, linden homes, and renters?? Spend more time on getting these features

right before pusing them out the door.  Like other post have mentioned-make the windlights settings scriptable and also be

able to set them by parcel not just estate. See this JIRA  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-25992?  So I guess that 

extra $100 bucks a month on estates gets you more features over $100 less on mainland. Ahh says the consumer, now I get

it.

The blog is a bit misleading. Unless something was changed recently, you have to be a private region owner to use this, and not all "land owners" are region owners and not all region owners are private region owners. Mainland and linden home owner's cannot use the new shinny >_<

• 6 months later...

I really like the idea but please make the settings reset when land gets abandoned/reclaimed/resold because this is going to be a pain for some of the biggest estate companies that reclaim lots of land every day. I have already experienced cases where people were about to leave their sim because the previous owner changed it to some foggy/rainy setting and they had no clue how to change it. If this option is available now for every little parcel on a sim im a bit worried if it doesnt get reset automaticly if people leave/resell/abandon 

- EDIT -

Just read the post above me .. Im confused now as well lol .. Is this for ALL land owners or all Estate Owners/Managers? Because these are indeed total different things. I just checked the original blog entry again and it does say land owners but this is not the case?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.