Things that make you go..... uhm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think I am confused after blogging since 2008. I blog on wordpress and like everyone else who uses a blog platform for years , I post to flickr and flickr groups. Today I logged into flickr to a note about why my photo had been denied. I did not credit it to tags. Ok, fair enough but it went on to say IF the body was in fact their mesh I could credit on re add to group. I left the group. 

Everything was credited on the PLATFORM I use to blog, I do NOT use flickr to blog. So this tells me that even the creator{s} are not actually reading the blogs but this one was not even sure it was their mesh body. WTH.

Now I have struggled recently with flickr and the new rules BUT I am a blogger. I do use it to compliment my blog , it is NOT my blog. IF the person moderating the flickr group would have popped open my actual blog they would have seen their mesh properly credited THERE on my blog. So now, I won't be crediting nor posting anything to promote this mesh to their mesh to their mesh body on flickr. 

Moderators are confusing bloggers with just flickr blogging. And do not take the time to see the blogs. I am working my butt off to blog a platform for blogs. If all creators want is flickr bloggers they should say so.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

I think I am confused after blogging since 2008. I blog on wordpress and like everyone else who uses a blog platform for years , I post to flickr and flickr groups. Today I logged into flickr to a note about why my photo had been denied. I did not credit it to tags. Ok, fair enough but it went on to say IF the body was in fact their mesh I could credit on re add to group. I left the group. 

Everything was credited on the PLATFORM I use to blog, I do NOT use flickr to blog. So this tells me that even the creator{s} are not actually reading the blogs but this one was not even sure it was their mesh body. WTH.

Now I have struggled recently with flickr and the new rules BUT I am a blogger. I do use it to compliment my blog , it is NOT my blog. IF the person moderating the flickr group would have popped open my actual blog they would have seen their mesh properly credited THERE on my blog. So now, I won't be crediting nor posting anything to promote this mesh to their mesh to their mesh body on flickr. 

Moderators are confusing bloggers with just flickr blogging. And do not take the time to see the blogs. I am working my butt off to blog a platform for blogs. If all creators want is flickr bloggers they should say so.

What I've noticed with other people who blog and also use Flickr is that they always post the link to their blog on each Flickr photo.  Groups moderators probably don't have time to search out a blog to see what is being credited.  I rarely bother.  Instead of saying "see my blog for credits", just paste the link so they can easily get there.

• Like 3

So basically they want their mesh at least mentioned in the information you put for the image you put in flickr?

Or they want a mention in your image?

screw'em if you have a link to your blog in the information area under your flickr image.. I much prefer going to blog links, because most of the time if I am in a creators photos, I'm looking for a few things.. Things that blogs handle much better, like links to whole looks, not something saying 6 months ago that I could have gotten it a shiny shabby or something.. lol

• Like 2

If it's a popular mesh body I imagine it's hard to check every single blog or flickr picture and creators probably check only the official bloggers blogs. Personally I very rarely go to blogs anymore. It's just easier to have all the info at one place, Flickr in this case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

What I've noticed with other people who blog and also use Flickr is that they always post the link to their blog on each Flickr photo.  Groups moderators probably don't have time to search out a blog to see what is being credited.  I rarely bother.  Instead of saying "see my blog for credits", just paste the link so they can easily get there.

I used to link my blog to the photos but flickr says free users can not do that anymore either.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Josephine Carissa said:

Colleen,

just so you know.....i check your blog daily to see your new things : ) i'm not a flickr user so i can't answer your questions.....this is just to say keep up the good work : )

Best Regards,

Josephine

Thank you so much for watching my blog ! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

So basically they want their mesh at least mentioned in the information you put for the image you put in flickr?

Or they want a mention in your image?

screw'em if you have a link to your blog in the information area under your flickr image.. I much prefer going to blog links, because most of the time if I am in a creators photos, I'm looking for a few things.. Things that blogs handle much better, like links to whole looks, not something saying 6 months ago that I could have gotten it a shiny shabby or something.. lol

I have a link to my blog on flickr. On the about page. So far Flickr has not seemed to be troubled with that.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.