My Market place listing was removed due to baned word? what are the baned words? they didnt explain that in the email

Shuandra Winger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone else had their market place listing removed due to banned words?   I have had this listing out for a month then bam its removed,   since  when is  the word "punk" as in Punk Girl_Red - of my outfit  consider a bad word   to be deleted .  Also  I see nothing wrong with the ad picture either!Shu! Punk Girl_Red

You need to look at every word in the listing, not just the title. It's often due to a random word. These sometimes make sense, but often they really don't. The first thing is to look for stuff that could be brand names, adult-rated terms (including the letters inside a word possibly spelling something out) and stuff like that. It usually won't let you post a new listing with a banned word, so you can also try deleting bits and tracking down which word did it. You might also be able to reply to the removal email to ask which word, though mine was always stopped at the earlier point of trying to post the listing.

An example from the past, I couldn't list a product because it wouldn't allow AOs. An AO was fine, but adding the s made it a banned word. I still don't know what word they thought it might be, but I reworked the description to avoid it.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It may be something as simple as the underscore between 'girl' and 'red'. It might confuse their algorithm into thinking it's something else. Like Mushroom said go through all the words in your listing and make sure there isn't anything like slang or references to trademarked brands, etc. 

thank you all  for your helpful responses ,  i have since relisted it  , i removed my contact email in my listing and  let them relist the sale item as moderate even though it should be general so far its still listed .  maybe they dont allow emails to be listed?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.