Johnny Giotto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, 

First of all let me apologise if this is the wrong category but it is not clear where to post this type of question.

Ok, I thought I would try and sail to the Blake Sea from my Stilt house.
I have added 3 images showing the route.
I made it to the first sim of the mainland but.... there was one sim that evicted me after 10 seconds.
Now  I am fine if people employ these things but at least give someone an opportunity to get past as it was the only possible route to get further north.
I do not see the point of having navigable waters around Stilt homes and Boathouses if you cannot sail further afield and get to somewhere like Blake Sea.
Maybe it is in the planning to link these regions up properly, I really hope so.

Journey to Blake Sea - Part 1.jpg

Journey to Blake Sea - Part 2.jpg

Journey to Blake Sea - Part 3.jpg

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

The way I read the OP, if the region he was evicted from is mainland and it was via an orb then by definition he must have been over their land.  If not he may have got a message from an orb but it would not have had the permissions to eject/teleport him.  I failed to see anything about protected waterway being blocked by a build anywhere in the OP.  So unless I am missing something, this is not AR-able.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 3

There is no protected waterway that far south along the west coast of Satori.  Currently it is not possible to sail from the Blake Sea to Bellisseria, you can only fly over. 

It is however likely that the expansion of the LL homes north/north eastwards will eventually link up approximately one-third the way down the Satori west coast (Hathor or Atanua regions is my guess) and after that a protected route will be available.

EDIT:  You can however sail from the most southern region in Satori (Yeeowler - rez your boat at the Coast Guard marina) all the way down south to the Jeogeot gulf - a very long journey but with protected water the entire way.

Edited by Eowyn Southmoor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Submit an abuse report, citing the Bellisseria covenant restrictions regarding the use of security orbs.

ETA:  Specifically, 

*Security devices are only allowed if they comply with the following restrictions:
    -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
    -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
    -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are 
   allowed)
    -Does not add names of ejected persons to the parcel ban list automatically
Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Submit an abuse report, citing the Bellisseria covenant restrictions regarding the use of security orbs.

ETA:  Specifically, 

*Security devices are only allowed if they comply with the following restrictions:
    -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
    -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
    -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are 
   allowed)
    -Does not add names of ejected persons to the parcel ban list automatically

Hi Rolig, thanks for that good advice 🙂👍. I would submit one but this happened on the Main Land so may no apply. 
What annoyed me was the fact there seemed no way to avoid it. Maybe I will get in contact with the owner, using your advice, and ask them to extend the time and to see if I was correct in thinking there was no way to avoid it.
Thanks again, as that is good to know anyway.

• Like 1

Even on the Mainland, you can submit an AR to complain about someone blocking a protected waterway.  Use a phrase like ":abuse of region resources".  You are not allowed to build structures that extend beyond your own land, and a security orb that tags people beyond your parcel is also violating the Community Standards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Even on the Mainland, you can submit an AR to complain about someone blocking a protected waterway.  Use a phrase like ":abuse of region resources".  You are not allowed to build structures that extend beyond your own land, and a security orb that tags people beyond your parcel is also violating the Community Standards.

Will do Rolig, thank you 👍🙂

11 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

There is no protected waterway that far south along the west coast of Satori.  Currently it is not possible to sail from the Blake Sea to Bellisseria, you can only fly over. 

It is however likely that the expansion of the LL homes north/north eastwards will eventually link up approximately one-third the way down the Satori west coast (Hathor or Atanua regions is my guess) and after that a protected route will be available.

EDIT:  You can however sail from the most southern region in Satori (Yeeowler - rez your boat at the Coast Guard marina) all the way down south to the Jeogeot gulf - a very long journey but with protected water the entire way.

Thank you for that information Eowyn, very helpful 👍🙂

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.