missing most of my inventory

Rascal Randt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today, when I logged in my avatar was slow to load so I closed the SL viewer and restarted it. When it restarted almost all of my inventory is missing. All of my outfits are empty, all of my LM are gone .. Where do I start to get things back??

3 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Rascal Randt said:

Today, when I logged in my avatar was slow to load so I closed the SL viewer and restarted it. When it restarted almost all of my inventory is missing. All of my outfits are empty, all of my LM are gone .. Where do I start to get things back??

Walk through these steps -- even though it is on the Firestorm viewer website, the steps apply to any viewer for inventory issues.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

58 minutes ago, Rascal Randt said:

Along with Littleme's link, MY first step is to log into SL using an alternate viewer (any third party viewer will work if you are using the Linden viewer). It is always good to have two viewers to choose from for many reasons including your problem here. 

IF you can see your inventory in another viewer  that is a very good sign and one of those steps in the list should fix things.  It is possible to actually lose inventory items but your description suggest it is not "real" inventory loss. That is a GOOD thing.  

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Good luck. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

On 5/16/2022 at 7:06 PM, Rascal Randt said:

I assume you're using Firestorm.  This happens quite often.  The fix is easy.  Go to preferences, network & files, click the directories tab, and clear your inventory cache.  Relog.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.