Abandoned Land

RyanJoshua

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Are there any discussions on where there are abandoned lands?  I have tp'd around and around and It's hard to find.  I know there is the auction page, but as I have read in different places it is difficult to purchase there for various reasons.   Thanks for any advise that might be available. 

• Like 1

Some areas have more abandoned land than others. For example, you probably won't find much in Horizons, Zindra, or Bay City, but if you check the interiors of continents like Corsica or Satori you will find more.

If you find a large plot of abandoned land and you only want a small part you can put in a request to buy a portion. The instructions on the website are pretty clear. https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/abandoned-land-r1034/ . You usually are charged 1 Linden per square meter, so auction prices may be cheaper.

And having written this, probably this thread should be moved to the Land forums.

• Like 1

There is no guarantee you'll have it sold to you, though.

Many times LL will put it up for public auction.

The exception seems to be with obscurely located/sized primland parcels.

"Primland" just means small parcels in the same region you own land in already, strictly for the purpose of gaining prims, not usable sqm.

• Like 2

Based on posts here in the forums, most people do get their Abandoned land -- as long as it is not roadside or next to water or a few other highly desirable things.  I think pretty much anything that is just an inland parcel, without anything special about it, will be sold to Residents.  I've bought Abandoned land 4 times now and never had any issues.

• Like 2

I've bought a sim edge water parcel as abandoned land before now - but it was right next to my existing parcel, which helped me to get in first, and gave me a stronger reason for wanting it.

A fun way to find abandoned land is to go for a drive around those continents that have public roads, go exploring and see what you find.

• Like 2

I've never had an issue getting any of the abandoned lands I've requested, though do have request in now for a 1024 parcel that will need to be cobbled together by the LL gang from a small series of what I call abandoned pieces, and it's roadside as well, but I plan on decorating it up nicely so I'm hopeful.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've purchased roadside, SLRR, and water abandoned parcels. I believe it only goes to auction when more than one person submits a ticket to claim it or if it is Adult rated land.
Under 512sqm seems to be where it is a case by case decision if you do not already own land in that region. Which is fine and I understand why but abandoned land just doesn't look good for SL. One would think having regions without abandoned land would be the goal to keep SL in a healthy place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.