Skin texturing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello,

as far as seamless texturing i'm not there yet. wondering if you are using pc or tablet to texture your uv map. 

when i make a tatoo (similar process) i first open the program on pc or tablet that allows multiple layers like photoshop and I create a new project and resize the page to 2048-2048dpi some say 1024-1024 is less resource demanding but i still go with the 2048 size. I would import your uv map into your program and then copy and paste it to your perfect square size amke sure it is perfectly aligned. Your uv map should be perfectly square already just need to make sure it fills in your newly created square.

I do that because sometimes say if you import your uv map to photoshop and put a blank layer over it to color on or fill with texture without creating new project and setting the pages dpi to 2048-2048 or 1024-1024 the uv map could be lower quality/resolution and if you create a layer on that might be not sharp.

you're only using the uvmap as a guide when you add a blank layer over your uv map use that blank layer to work on and upload only that layer, it will be the new uv map to use.

it sounds like your going to be doing a lot of testing, just incase you didnt know sl has a test grid that give you like 14000L$ daily to upload and test content, highly recommend using the test grid to test and test and test again 1000 times. to gain access to the test grid go to help at top of screen/support and file a support ticket requesting access to it, takes few days so while that gets sorted, to access the test grid after access is granted go to at top of screen me/preferences/i think its advanced one of those in preferences has an option to show grids on login page. (away from computer sorry for general directions). the test grid will show in a drop down menu at the normal log in screen.

as far as creating a skin texture, i would look for skin texture brushes for the program im working in, or find a high rez photo of swimware model and take some skin from image. might be some good how to youtube videos w tips and tricks too.

Im horrible at texturing my work so most of the time I leave it to the buyers to add textures.

Edited by Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.