Land Traffic is all over the place

quvie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Would anyone know why my land traffic goes from 3400 last week to something like 2400 a few days ago then today it is 791.    Seems like it should only go up not down.  I am paying to get people here to get my body count up.   I think it should be around 3000 now.    I have a counter on the property and it says 2433 today and was put there when I already had about 800 to 1000 visits.  Is there something that can be done about this?  This place is 8192 sq M.  and is a Mall I am trying to get started.  The Stanlee Mall at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Stanlee/92/181/35   Low land count is not good for search rating.

4 answers to this question

Traffic does not accumulate. It is a running count of the minutes an avatar spends in a parcel but only for avatars that do not move to another parcel (for at least five minutes) within the 24 hour data-collection period. Avatars that may have visited more than 24 hours ago are no longer included in the count that you see at this instant.  So, you might have had a really busy mall yesterday, so the traffic count was high then, but that was yesterday.  If traffic during the past 24 hours was slow, your count will be down.  It will also be down if a lot of people visited but were just passing through.  They only count if they stayed for at least 5 minutes.

• Like 2

I noted that mine was something like 92 yesterday which is beyond odd. Traffic numbers do go awry now and then and at some point last year (think it was last year :D) the land tab stopped working altogether for what seemed like forever.   

So not terribly unusual and apparently not too high on the LL todo list :D.

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.