Need a simple, fun loving friend - kinda lonely here in Second Life

stupidbelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey Guys!

Ah...I'm kind of new to this thing and I don't really know how to work this thing but I think i'm getting the hang of it! :) 

But I'm..kind of the shy type. hehe. (I said it!) and I get really goosebumps or nervous whenever somebody tries to talk to me even in this virtual world that I can't type and try to find a lonely spot instead. But I'll get over it. I have to.

I know this is embarrassing to ask but, could somebody be my friend here in Second Life? I really want someone who's fun loving and can get me out of my shell. 

Thanks so much and sorry about this post. :)

Stupidbelle

• Like 2

You shouldn't feel embaressed in any way for friending up in SL. Actually it might even be so extremely popular because its a shelter for anybody who is afraid of showing it's true colours.

I bet theres load's of people around here that are well-hearted enough to get you on your feet on this world we enjoy so much.

Best of luck, Finrod.

• Like 1

Hello stupidbelle and welcome to Second Life. As i saw it is your first day here!  Have you already downloaded the viewer and loged in world? If not you can download it here. At first spend sometime to make your profile writing some things there about your and about the people you desire you meet. Some persons are not interested for empty profiles. No reason really to be shy, slowly you will learn everything and you will make many friends. For everything you need don't hesitate to ask or here in the Community or in world. You will meet persons who would be glad to help you. Welcome again and enjoy your Second Life!

• Like 1

stupidbelle wrote:

Hey Guys!

Ah...I'm kind of new to this thing and I don't really know how to work this thing but I think i'm getting the hang of it!
:)

But I'm..kind of the shy type. hehe. (I said it!) and I get really goosebumps or nervous whenever somebody tries to talk to me even in this virtual world that I can't type and try to find a lonely spot instead. But I'll get over it. I have to.

I know this is embarrassing to ask but, could somebody be my friend here in Second Life? I really want someone who's fun loving and can get me out of my shell. 

Thanks so much and sorry about this post.
:)

Stupidbelle

Hi Stupidbelle!  Welcome to SL and the Forums!  I would be glad to be your friend, and there are lots of people that are my friends, that would love to be your friend too!  Friend me in world, or IM me okay?  Now have fun, and don't be shy!  HEHE!

Peace!

• Like 1

May I suggest registering a new name? Perhaps MagicBelle, Mysticalbelle, MythicalBelle, BlueBelle, CoolBelle or TrueBelle. I've read your post and I'm pretty sure you're not stupid. After you get your new name registered, put a few words in your profile as a conversation starter for when you're in-world meeting new people.

• Like 2

Damn.  Randell beat me to it.

Good grief....if this is your first day in SL...RUN...back to the account creation place and make a new account...with a better name. 

For the love of all things you might possibly want in SL or RL...calling yourself *stupid* is NOT going to help. 

Now, do that FIRST...make a new name.  Then post back here in the exactly same place..and tell us.    Now..GO!

• Like 1

Haha, Hello Belle Welcome to SL, (Not daring to Call you stupid)

You Know The very first thing you Should do is Change your Username, I Mean Register a New Account Like what Randall Said

I Dont think your Stupid at all, Yet Some Peoples Thinks Peoples with the Username word "Stupid" (And Etc.) Are Usually Griefers & Spammers, Try A New Cute Username, Like LoveBelle & Something Else like that, Not Something like Stupid, Idiot, Pathetic, Cause Some Peoples will think your Some kind of Spammer, Hacker.. Etc, But dont Use something Hard to Understand or Too Long Such as "Belle59275245"

Then After Making a new Account, Write Some Stuffs on your Profile, Show your Favorite Things to Do & Interests

Will make it Easier for you to Make a Tons of Friends, And then Change your Looks, Buy New Skins, New Clothes, Shapes, Hairs, Etc

Maybe Try the Marketplace or Search some Freebie Places InWorld

Yet, If you Cant find the Perfect Look, I Have Some Cool High Quality Skins & Tons of Clothes, Hairs, Shapes & More, I Can give you Landmarks for Freebies, i'm pretty Sure you'll like these Skins & Hairs, Haha, Just IM Me InWorld if you're Interested, I'll make you look Fab in No Time :)

xx

• Like 1

I'm a lot like belle. I'm shy (lol i run away when people try to talk to me).

I would like to meet new people in SL but its hard for me, idk why. I mean its not like you know me or could judge me lol, but i still have this panic that happens.

Im funny and super friendly it just takes a while to get to it, ya know.

>.< 

/sigh

• Like 1

People are like cats. Some jump in your lap straight away and want their ears scratched. Others are stand offish and wait for you to make the first move. Many are a bit skittish. If you reach out too soon, they run away. You have to be quiet, and let them come to you. I'm thinking you must be this last type of cat.

• Like 1

I have added you as a friend! come and see me I can show you and tell you about some wonderful things here in SL

I am not shy but I am rather busy. I Own and art Gallerya nd am an artist and I also mangage musicians. So I stay really busy, I do try and make time to help others though! That is who I am friend, Helpe,r artist, business woman, Gallery owner, and friend!

• Like 1

Hi Belle:

Welcome to SL!

Social interaction can be a task for some people, I used to be like that when I was younger, and computers and SL can be a better medium to open up communication with others without the social awkwardness that live conversations can dish out.

I have found roleplaying built my social skills and rid my shyness, I created a fictional character (you can say, your SL avatar for instance), entered into a social roleplaying group (sim in SL), and acted out my character. The difference between this type of social interaction and real-life situations was that the characters and social interaction were not real, so there was no actual repercussions or real life elements to affect my actions towards others in the group.

The more I indulged a willingness to be more expressive, the more I personally built my own inner strength to be the person I was. My personality are not the roleplayed characters I played, I used roleplaying as a means to learn to be more sociable and open with a group of people.

The part of making friends, when people get to know you even through your roleplaying, they will eventually want to know the real you behind the avatar and that is where the real friendship you seek will be presented.

• Like 1

I'm like that too sometimes. I can understand wanting a friend too. I'm not sure how fun I really am, but I would be happy to be friends with you if you're interested. I've only been around SL for a little over a month now, and I only have four friends. Most of the time, only one of them really talks to me, so I'd love to be able to get together with a friend on SL. If you want to be friends with me, send me a message however you can. My username is SL is SoniaStrummFan if you need to find me. 

P.S. - My avatar is a girl, but I'm a guy. If you don't think that's weird or anything, I'd be happy to be friends with you.

Hey Hey

You can never have too many friends and specially due to different time zones and RL commitments and stuff.. so feel free to add me if you want and we can hang out.

There are a lot of wonderfull ppl here on SL and these forums so dont worry we all will take good care of you :)

Peace out .......

• Like 1

• 10 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.