What do I do when someone is writing defamation things about me in their profile ?

MarissaKaye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, MarissaKaye said:

I have a woman writing derogatory things about me in her profile ..how do I stop her from this kind of damage she is doing to me?

This is my nightmare. I have no advice other than to report her and block her. SL is big enough that if you just change the clubs you go to, you won't see her again. Your real friends know who you are and anyone who reads derogatory stuff about another resident on her profile, will see that as a major red flag and not want to be friends with her. I am very suspicious of people who have major dramas with others regularly and stay away. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that. Whatever she has written in her profile, only makes her look bad.

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if it's reportable, do so

Examples of reportable behavior:

• Disclosing Real Life information about you (either true or false)
  • Disclosing private SL information about you (e.g., revealing identities of your alts)
  • Posting information from chat or IM logs (quoting you without your permission)
  • Racism or intolerance
  • Impersonation
  • Harassment (although reportable, must be very bad before LL will take action)

In most cases, LL will not involve themselves in disputes between residents. They feel that you have the tools needed to manage your own issues, such as Muting annoying people and banning them from your land.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.