Force TP (teleport)??? How did he do it?

XylZ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Heya everyone!

I was at one of my fave shopping sims when an avatar appeared some distance away at the landing zone. Suddenly, my avatar was teleported to a homestead beach sim that was private.  Moments later, the avatar that appeared at the landing zone of the shopping sim TPs in right behind me.

I boogied out of there, hitting a favorite.  

But my question is, how did he do it?

Yes, I was wearing a relay set to Auto and yes I had RLV enabled, but you can't rez anything at the store sim and I didn't click on anything and wasn't moving, either.  He wasn't listed on my collar anywhere and had never met/seen him before (he has been around for like 13+ years in SL).  

Thanks!

♥ Xyl ♥

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

11 hours ago, XylZ said:

But my question is, how did he do it?

A relay on auto can just be sent commands, including teleport commands - there are huds that facility this kind of "capture"

The command in question is

@tpto:X/Y/Z=force

Where X, Y and Z are global grid coordinates (not local region coordinates).

I've had a relay on auto for years and had things like this happen a couple of times, although it's genuinely rare.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

you can be teleported with @accepttp or @tpto without asking for permission.

Depends on the relay. Some relays will basically let you (the 'griefer') temporarily add yourself as an exception to do force teleports, but others seem to miraculously remove your exception the moment you're off sim to offer the teleport. Coffee's method (almost) always works, but it's a mild pain to get region coordinates.

20 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

A relay on auto can just be sent commands, including teleport commands - there are huds that facility this kind of "capture"

The command in question is

@tpto:X/Y/Z=force

Where X, Y and Z are global grid coordinates (not local region coordinates).

I've had a relay on auto for years and had things like this happen a couple of times, although it's genuinely rare.

Interesting...but can it be done without a specialized HUD?  Like if a collar is setup to be on channel 1, is it just a matter of typing in Nearby Chat something like:

/1 @tpto:X/Y/Z=force ? Or is there a specificity needed for the relay in question?  Also, how is it blockable?

♥ Xyl ♥

Edited by XylZ

7 hours ago, XylZ said:

Interesting...but can it be done without a specialized HUD?  Like if a collar is setup to be on channel 1, is it just a matter of typing in Nearby Chat something like:

/1 @tpto:X/Y/Z=force ? Or is there a specificity needed for the relay in question?  Also, how is it blockable?

♥ Xyl ♥

If your relay/collar is set to Auto/Open then anyone can access the functions using the chat commands.  If it's just the relay, I'm not sure how specific you can be as to access aside from setting it to Ask you first before it executes a command.  I know most collars have an extensive menu allowing you to set specific parameters on who or what has any ability to control you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XylZ said:

♥ Xyl ♥

If your collar parrots everything said on channel /1 back to you via llOwnerSay (light yellow text) .. then maybe that's all they need to do, and you should probably take it up with whoever made your collar scripts because there is no point even having owners or trusted people at that point.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.