Changing display name.

Snobsl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying over and over to change my display name. It will change when I change it but the moment I log out or after a period of time, it just changes back to my avatar name.. and deletes my display name. Then tells me 'I can't change my display name for ____ of days' when it never even changed. I am unsure of what is happening.. or why I can't change my display name TIA. 

• Like 1

If you're trying to use funky characters in your display name, it will initially allow but then disallow.  

A string of characters up to 31 characters long  that contains at least one alphanumeric character. It can include most Unicode script characters, spaces, and some punctuation.  Most but not ALL Unicode characters.  You won't know which until you try.

ETA  It also doesn't take all fonts.  It's sort of trial and error on what will work.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

While it disallows the entry... it still seems to think you made a change. So, you are time-limited locked from making another change. It sucks. But that's the way the website works... or more accurately... doesn't.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, MarketaKurkova said:

Is this for forum display name? I'm trying to add a space in my but can't figure out how to do it. 

the forum shows only usernames. That people here have double names shows they are a long time user who signed up during the time everybody got a double name, ór they bought a new double name.
Display names are the names in the viewer you can set to show above your username inworld.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.