Spicy! Just Because.

Taking photos at all is becoming no fun for me. Blog feeds don't want to see lol well they don't want to see nipples or bums. Flickr doesn't either. I don't post nudes anymore NOT really even on Adults I have joined. I posted here with all private parts covered and this thread with all these great photos is taking heat. Designers/creators make things I can't really blog or post after I've done the work. Now, I try to avoid doing them at all.  I'm just about over all of it tbh. Maybe I'll just stick to face shots.

IRL I have never dressed to suit anyone but me, I'm an adult female I enjoy feeling pretty and sensual . 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Agree or disagree with what I said earlier, Scyll?  I'm curious.

Obviously not Scylla, but I totally disagree. To me, being or at least feeling sexy is more a question of self-confidence and wanting to be comfortable not only in its own clothes but also with oneself. As Scylla said before, someone in a turtleneck sweater can totally be sexy; it's not proportional to the amount of skin shown. It has nothing to do with looking for a mate to eventually reproduce or else I would have a big issue as a gay man since I can not reproduce no matter how hard I try 🤣
IMO, it's more about the attitude and the confidence which emanates from a person, it's about feeling well in its own shoes (not only literally but also metaphorically 😉). I dress primarily for myself in RL and SL. If others like it, fine. If they don't, fine too as I don't really give a s**t anyway.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I'm fully aware that not everyone is interested in sex here, but I disagree with the supposition that someone would "look sexy" for themselves, although with a caveat. Sexy is by definition enticing.  A pair of sky high stiletto heels would not be enticing to an animal other than Homo Sapiens, and also of similar culture. Or a classy suit on me. Or whatever look we feel would attract. What look we create to feel sexy is defined by what we think others would desire. It ultimately IS a self esteem issue. If we feel that we are attractive enough to reproduce, we feel good about ourselves. Even if one chooses not to engage in reproductive activity. We are still the "Naked Ape", no matter how much we try and convince ourselves otherwise.

Why would you disagree with a supposition regarding other people's personal preferences? They have them, period.

I have always, SL and RL, dressed for myself. The moment I start dressing for someone who doesn't share my tastes, the potential for resentment arises. In RL, I mostly dress for the task at hand. That's true here as well, though the tasks are different.

Your "Naked Ape" reference doesn't work the way you think. While it's true that much of our behavior descends from our common ancestor with the apes, ape and human behaviors are far more varied than Desmond Morris described in his book. Much of the detail of his book is flat out wrong, as is much of his reasoning. It's been forty years since I read it, but my impression at the time was that the book was poorly researched pulp fiction, written by a chauvinist. Elaine Morgan's "The Descent of Woman", though possibly no better researched than "Naked Ape", managed to shine a harsh light on Morris' now obvious male bias.

In 2022, a citation of "Naked Ape" as the explanation for human sexual behavior and gender roles says far less about that than about the person doing the citing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Isaac Ashton said:

IMO, it's more about the attitude and the confidence which emanates from a person, it's about feeling well in its own shoes (not only literally but also metaphorically 😉).

TOTALLY this.

Looking good, whether that means "elegant," "sexy," or just nicely put-together, empowers me because it makes me feel good about myself.

It is me insisting upon who I am, and feeling stronger because I'm forcefully articulating something about myself, regardless of whether I'm wearing an LBD or jeans and a tee.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Bagnu said:

We are still the "Naked Ape", no matter how much we try and convince ourselves otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

In 2022, a citation of "Naked Ape" as the explanation for human sexual behavior and gender roles says far less about that than about the person doing the citing.

^^^  This !!

• Like 4

This is a pic I did last night. It was partly in response to the "sexy uniforms" that have appeared here, but I actually wasn't going to post it in this thread. I think maybe it's worthwhile doing that anyway, though.

This is a pic celebrating the "Night Witches" (die Nachthexen), which was the German nickname for the Soviet 588th Night Bomber Regiment, an all-woman bomber unit formed in October of 1941, in response to the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union. The unit flew slow and antiquated Polikarpov Po-2 biplanes (most of their equipment was cast-offs) but with deadly efficacy. It received its nickname from its adoption of the tactic of turning off their engines as they neared their target, gliding in near silence to drop their bombs: the Germans likened them to witches flying on brooms. Before the end of the war in 1945, they flew over 23,000 sorties; 23 of its pilots were awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.

These women were not dressed sexily, or even, really, in anything one might describe as at all attractive.

But they were strong, fearless, competent women who also battled Nazis. And that makes them pretty damned sexy in my book.

1865699792_Night-Witches-2Blank.thumb.png.e71431646c37042193e7acb56030729c.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 16

17 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Why would you disagree with a supposition regarding other people's personal preferences? They have them, period.

I have always, SL and RL, dressed for myself. The moment I start dressing for someone who doesn't share my tastes, the potential for resentment arises. In RL, I mostly dress for the task at hand. That's true here as well, though the tasks are different.

Thank you! I look sexy just for myself, all.the.time! 

And when I give me a "come hither" look, I don't have far to travel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

These women were not dressed sexily, or even, really, in anything one might describe as at all attractive.

But they were strong, fearless, competent women who also battled Nazis. And that makes them pretty damned sexy in my book.

Punching or bombing Nazis is very spicy!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't think I've ever met a man that dresses sexy for himself - only for others.

Ohhhhh, I so have. There are some fierce male fashionistas out there who don't give a dip what anyone has to say about what they're wearing. 😂

Also, not really in the fashionista category (well, maybe), but a lot of goth clubs are like this. Sometimes the men dress better than the women and I doubt it's solely for us because you can never drag their attention away from the mirrors posted around the club!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ohhhhh, I so have. There are some fierce male fashionistas out there who don't give a dip what anyone has to say about what they're wearing. 😂

Also, not really in the fashionista category (well, maybe), but a lot of goth clubs are like this. Sometimes the men dress better than the women and I doubt it's solely for us because you can never drag their attention away from the mirrors posted around the club!

Seems I fit that description (except for the mirror thing 😁).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is a pic I did last night. It was partly in response to the "sexy uniforms" that have appeared here, but I actually wasn't going to post it in this thread. I think maybe it's worthwhile doing that anyway, though.

This is a pic celebrating the "Night Witches" (die Nachthexen), which was the German nickname for the Soviet 588th Night Bomber Regiment, an all-woman bomber unit formed in October of 1941, in response to the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union. The unit flew slow and antiquated Polikarpov Po-2 biplanes (most of their equipment was cast-offs) but with deadly efficacy. It received its nickname from its adoption of the tactic of turning off their engines as they neared their target, gliding in near silence to drop their bombs: the Germans likened them to witches flying on brooms. Before the end of the war in 1945, they flew over 23,000 sorties; 23 of its pilots were awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.

1865699792_Night-Witches-2Blank.thumb.png.e71431646c37042193e7acb56030729c.png

Scylla, that's a new story. Thanks for bringing it to me. Now, I wonder if that's the entire story.

Here's what happened to American women pilots who helped battle the Nazis...
https://time.com/4923054/world-war-ii-sugar-engines/
https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2021/05/26/how-women-airforce-service-pilots-served-their-country-wwii/5185061001/

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

And then there's the vampire clubs. When you walk into the blood wine room, and everyone is dressed to the 9's in velvet, it doesn't seem quite real. I didn't stay in that room long enough for them to say I didn't belong. This was a real thing, perhaps still is, at The Castle in Ybor City (part of Tampa, Florida).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Scylla, that's a new story. Thanks for bringing it to me. Now, I wonder if that's the entire story.

Here's what happened to American women pilots who helped battle the Nazis...
https://time.com/4923054/world-war-ii-sugar-engines/
https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/2021/05/26/how-women-airforce-service-pilots-served-their-country-wwii/5185061001/

There are some stories surrounding the Night Witches that reveal a similar dynamic at play. Apparently they were, for instance, given cast-off boots that were so large they had to stuff them with fabric to wear them. And there are hints they were, if not directly sabotaged by their own side, at least treated poorly.

One of my favourite stories about them, not irrelevant to this thread, is about the time some got caught cutting up parachute silk from flare bombs to make panties, which the military has failed to supply.

• Like 6

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

And then there's the vampire clubs. When you walk into the blood wine room, and everyone is dressed to the 9's in velvet, it doesn't seem quite real. I didn't stay in that room long enough for them to say I didn't belong. This was a real thing, perhaps still is, at The Castle in Ybor City (part of Tampa, Florida).

Oooo, I have never been to a vampire club. But velvet does make the occasional (or not so occasional - depending on the event) appearance in the club scene as well. Velvet, lace, brocade, silk, satin. These guys look like they spent ALL DAY getting dressed and they could give a good damn if anybody likes it! You're lucky to get a "thank you" instead of an "I know" when giving them a compliment. 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
1 hour ago, Isaac Ashton said:

IMO, it's more about the attitude and the confidence which emanates from a person, it's about feeling well in its own shoes (not only literally but also metaphorically 😉).

TOTALLY this.

Looking good, whether that means "elegant," "sexy," or just nicely put-together, empowers me because it makes me feel good about myself.

It is me insisting upon who I am, and feeling stronger because I'm forcefully articulating something about myself, regardless of whether I'm wearing an LBD or jeans and a tee.

When I was a teen, I bought a pair of very high heeled "Candies" sandals, which I kept hidden in my bike's panniers because Mom and Dad probably wouldn't have approved. I didn't wear them to attract anyone's attention, I wore them because I'd grown up around pinup girl art, and I'm short. Wearing them both made me feel a little more powerful, and let me reach one shelf higher in the stores, without someone saying "Oh, let me help you reach that." There's nothing I hate more than being helped.

I'm well aware of the sexual connotations of clothing, and the use of sex to manipulate. So, I had great fun lampooning that during my years the male dominated field of electrical/computer/biomedical engineering. The fellas I worked with were far more interested making things than skirt chasing, but were years older than me and of their time. I can't remember just how the lampooning started, but I eventually started dressing smartly for meetings with my team in which I'd intended to make a course change, or introduced some other wrench into the works.

I'd walk into the meeting room, wearing a fitted blazer, pencil skirt, my highest pumps and lipstick. The fellas would look me up and down and say "Oh, geez. This means trouble." It might be months of jeans and sweaters before they saw anything like that again. I remember a company Christmas party at which my guys expressed concern that I'd got all dolled up to ruin Christmas.

I've told the story here of leaving silly trails of sexy lingerie through the house leading my ex-hubby to the bedroom, where I'd be waiting for him wearing something absurd. I find sex silly and absurd and I treat it as such.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oooo, I have never been to a vampire club. But velvet does make the occasional (or not so occasional - depending on the event) appearance in the club scene as well. Velvet, lace, brocade, silk, satin. These guys look like they spent ALL DAY getting dressed and they could give a good damn if anybody likes it! You're lucky to get a "thank you" instead of an "I know" when giving them a compliment. 😂

Just remembered a funny: RL, saw a "vampire" (beautiful male with long hair, luxurious suit) waiting on a sidewalk in daytime. I mentioned to an acquaintance how it was odd to see a "vampire". His response, "That's not a vampire, that's a prostitute!" Quite funny. 

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just remembered a funny: RL, saw a "vampire" (beautiful male with long hair, luxurious suit) waiting on a sidewalk in daytime. I mentioned to an acquaintance how it was odd to see a "vampire". His response, "That's not a vampire, that's a prostitute!" Quite funny. 

Underlined bolded and italicized for emphasis - you lost me right here. 😂

my-type-thats-my-type.gif

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yaaaaaaaaas. You've got great taste!

That's good inspiration for a photo, too. HMMMM. Who sells velvet in SL?

I have a couple old velvet suits, should wear one at a Forum soirée.

*Edit* Older avatar.

351FB7AE-63BB-4FEA-950F-E9DCECFB1E90.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have a couple old velvet suits, should wear one at a Forum soirée.

Go dress up and post a photo here, too! 😂

Oh wait, I DO have something kinda fancy. Okay, potential spicy vamp vibes coming later (or tomorrow, depending on how motivated I am).

Edit: Oooo the lace ruffles and everythang! Get it! Ya gotta do a modern version!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Saw the photo!
  • Like 2

Yet another picture thread that was intended for certain themed photos turned into long discussion about what is considered sexy, spicy, hot, cold, sour, naked, clothed, etc.

A different kind of hot and spicy from me, because sometimes I show my true colors.

Doom.jpg

• Like 10