Searching for peace & quiteness

Finrod Ghennyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear SecondLifers,

For days i have been searching, for a peacefull place. A place where one can just sit and enjoy the community, whilst doing some small building and scripting here and there. A place to enjoy aspects of SecondLife. To my dissatisfaction all i found, were laggy overbuild areas. With a bunch of people just ragging around. The overdone mass amount of empty 'rent a shop' advertisements up in the beautiful skyline witch it once were are killer.

Does the SecondLife harmony still excist? Or is this returning grid-explorer better off to turn home?

p.s: Paying the Lindens nearly 50% of the rent i pay for my IRL home each month, for a sim .. is not an option.

Best hugs and loves, asking for your advice.

A returning SL vet.

My solution was to rent. You can get a minimum-sized parcel for very little (about $7 a month or so where I am.) If you don't put a huge permanent structure there, you'll have enough prims to do some building and all the scripting you like. I've been renting for almost 3 years and I'm happy with the arrangement.

Shop around a bit, you'll want a reliable landlord who's been around for a long time and won't cut out on you. I have one of those -- ask if you want a lead. Another big advantage is that you can control your environment, your visitors, and your surroundings. There's plenty of peace where I live.

Might consider that indeed, thanks for the support anyways!

I guess ill have to find out if i want to actually take part in a longer visit. Maybe i'll consider it if im hooked up with some friends/community. It's quite a cold and dusty world when your alone hehe.

The last time i rented, was on a simmy. The owner 'denied' receiving payment even after showing the L$ logs ..

Best of regards.

Fin, you're welcome to check out my places in my Picks, and then IM me.

I also offer a home location. It's Moderate land. I had a home location group for G land too but not a single person ever asked to join so I just put that parcel up for sale. Maybe people were afraid to crash and relog half dressed onto G land, who knows?

I don't take friend offers, the word friend really means something to me, and not in a rolodex way. But I always say someone who cares should remember my name, anyway. :P

I will look into your picks, and see what beauty you have brought onto the lands of SL.

Also I appreciate you helping me out, but really i am not looking to buy a parcel.

I ment genuine places to hang out for a couple of hours, with fellow residents. I dont want to get caught in the lagg and particles of clubs, neither do i want to be flewn into on busy sandbox area's.

Resident friendly public areas

Finrod Ghennyn wrote:

I will look into your picks, and see what beauty you have brought onto the lands of SL.

Also I appreciate you helping me out, but really i am not looking to buy a parcel.

I ment genuine places to hang out for a couple of hours, with fellow residents. I dont want to get caught in the lagg and particles of clubs, neither do i want to be flewn into on busy sandbox area's.

Resident friendly public areas

Eh - Not sure how closely you read my post?

Where did I offer to sell you a parcel? 

I do not do what I do in SL for profit. I try to break even at best, when I sell land. 

Everything I offer to the public is free, including the home location

I was offering you to be part of a group that has free use of a house and lands. If you wanted one. (Your OP mentions needing a place to call home.) My land is very peaceful, which you also mentioned. 

I make park like spaces in SL and places people can hang out in peace - that's my thing.  I do not have clubs. I do not have sandboxes. I have a park, a beach amusement park, and a place people can use to change in and relax. I have a home group location.

I'm a wee bit offended, since I never tried to profit off you.

le sigh

I'm sorry if I have offended you by my -short- reply, I struggle with a language-barrier and I have to read things over a couple of times before I'm sure I understand it. Sometimes I have already mixed it up when I'm done doing so.

"I also offer a home location. It's Moderate land. I had a home location group for G land too but not a single person ever asked to join so I just put that parcel up for sale." Sounded to me like you wanted to sell it too me.

Anyways I greatly respect, and thank you for your offer. Yet as you don't want to profit off other peoples hard earned belongings, neither do I. I wouldn't settle without paying for it.

In all humblety I thank you, but I can work for my Lindens (or atleast try) and I think other people need it more then I do.

You are a very generous person though.

OK I didn't know there was a language barrier. Let me break it down then.

I still have a home group for those who need or want one. That is on Moderate land. (This one I invited you in, if you want to join.) A nice house, furnished, with nice land. Small group, so not a hub.

I used to have a home group on G land also. But that did not prosper so I put the land for sale. Past tense.

Hope that is more clear.

No problem if you do not wish it, but no worries, the home parcel is there free, I do not accept any money for it. I don't change that for anyone.

You can find numerous other such groups, if you don't want to be part of mine for any reason. Also there are cheap apartments but you can figure that out for yourself.

Shermerville and Bay City's sims are pretty nice.

There are plenty of other nice places in SL - and they tend to have higher land prices as a result, but not always.

There's a failry unused sandbox in one of the Shermerville sims.

There are also some nice sandboxes in a few furry malls that get a good number of people - but of course people means lag.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are into Sailing, i can highly recommend the "Sailors Cove", "New England" or "Fruit Islands" Estates to live in.

I would avoid Mainland alltogether. have my Free land there, for a lil skybox to rent out, and thats it.

For Sandboxes, just search "Sandbox" and check those with less to zero traffic.

I enjoy building at a quite unused University Sandbox, that es quite scenic. 

But yes, Builders Brewery is fine too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.