Then and Now Challenge

Strawberry Linden

I still keep this old portrait from 2007, it was my first screenshot in SL. This is when we realize the graphic improvements that have been made thanks to the work of creators and the technical improvements made by Linden Lab.

then-and-now.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Given the first snapshot I can find of myself looks more PSX than Second Life I thought it fair to post another comparison.  Several months later I took snapshots of myself in the palest skin I could find in Second Life at the time.  We used to have a problem where most skins were a scale of Tan.  Pale skin and POC skin felt impossible to find for what felt like an eternity.

SL-Compare-Feb-2006-to-May-2022.thumb.jpeg.8fd6d58a49d97e57752f6cd41a2c964b.jpeg

I got tired of trying to get the lighting right and hoped this angle would be helpful for a comparison.  The level of detail then on ears found on a popular skin versus the level of detail now on ears on popular mesh heads now.  A few months later I stumbled upon inexpensive skin.  The creator was also offering inexpensive custom skin.  I was so happy that I bought a few custom skins from them.  Their brand has changed but they are known as  Alaska Metropolitan.

Sorry about the background.  I got bored and spent time messing around in my art program.

• Like 19

Thought I'd join in on this. There's really no really good portrait pics of Old Denise. So, I had to go take a pic of the old avatar in the new viewer. Hope you all don't mind. :)

EDIT: Dagonnit! I meant to say 2022 instead of 2020...

EDIT2: Okay.. that typo was bugging the bajeebers out of me.. so I fixed it in the image. :)

Denise-HereAndNow-Edit2.thumb.png.14e7af02cba983d1ef818e378568e8e6.png

Edited by DeniseUnicorn Toonie
  • Like 24

The first time I seriously stabilised into a custom avatar after account start (a few months after Halloween 2006)

image.png.c1164c1ee5cf54e6655c682dde52d2ad.png

Feb 24 2007 (I WAS HUNGRY!) (Yes, that is a Gorean dress on a furry)

My latest avatar shot (taken at Fantasy Faire 2022)

image.jpeg.c3c70122f6dae2324bf53c899560ae8b.jpeg

1 May 2022

Turns out that if you have an account that was made early enough in SL's earlier years, the difference can be wild.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Me during my first days (December 2011) and me in one of my current outfits. I made the body shape myself - which means most of the mesh stuff still does not fit. I also have a better graphics card now

d34gss3-cad9a02e-e094-45e2-b5aa-d5cb3ef69214.jpg

____Snapshot_008.png

Edited by elfbiter
  • Like 19