How to clear a demo BOM scar that was applied through hud

Nautai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

BOM and appliers are 2 entirely different things.  If you applied it using a HUD, you'll need to use the Lelutka HUD to clear the layers.  The only layers on the EvoX are eyebrow, eyeshadow and lips.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

BOM and appliers are 2 entirely different things.  If you applied it using a HUD, you'll need to use the Lelutka HUD to clear the layers.  The only layers on the EvoX are eyebrow, eyeshadow and lips.  

Bless your soul. I did not understand there was a difference. thank you, it's fixed!

Can I just add as a tip.  Always have a saved "outfit" of your avatar.  Meaning the basic look of your avatar it can be with clothes or not. The reason, if you ever do something to your avatar that you can't figure out how to fix or some weird thing happens to it (it's happened to me soooooo many times) you double click on that saved outfit and your previous avatar look, etc is restored. When I first started SL a friend told me to always have my back up body/shape for the just in case situations an I've never forgotten that. So everytime I change (major change) my avatar I make a backup/outfit.  Hope that made sense.  🤔

BACKUPAVATARLOOKS.JPG.1768f77031c5aaaa6b474b18cafffd95.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

Can I just add as a tip.  Always have a saved "outfit" of your avatar.  Meaning the basic look of your avatar it can be with clothes or not. The reason, if you ever do something to your avatar that you can't figure out how to fix or some weird thing happens to it (it's happened to me soooooo many times) you double click on that saved outfit and your previous avatar look, etc is restored. When I first started SL a friend told me to always have my back up body/shape for the just in case situations an I've never forgotten that. So everytime I change (major change) my avatar I make a backup/outfit.  Hope that made sense.  🤔

BACKUPAVATARLOOKS.JPG.1768f77031c5aaaa6b474b18cafffd95.JPG

The outfits you create this way only contain links to inventory items you were wearing at the time. The important thing about that is that the outfits don't save the inworld appearance of those items.

If you save an outfit, then apply a texture to your head and save a new outfit, both outfits will have the same texture applied.

If you want to avoid that, you have to create new copies of everything per outfit.

42 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

The outfits you create this way only contain links to inventory items you were wearing at the time. The important thing about that is that the outfits don't save the inworld appearance of those items.

If you save an outfit, then apply a texture to your head and save a new outfit, both outfits will have the same texture applied.

If you want to avoid that, you have to create new copies of everything per outfit.

I haven't had that issue.  I typically save my backup with no clothes and just the shape,  skin, head, eyes, hair, etc. I do this every time change up my avatar with a new look before I do anything else.  But I mean sure I guess that could happen, it just hasn't for the times I needed to save my avi from a mistake I made and couldn't correct it. 

• Like 1

^ This.

I have a base body/look for myself naked. Without hair even. No clothing, ever. All of that outfit is simply links to the various things I need for that (head, body, physics, BOM skin for head and body, freckles, shape, etc). And I always work with links for every one of my outfits, and never the actual objects in case I delete an outfit.

Hairs, and even tattoo BOMs are in my Favourites panel (in Firestorm) so I can Add whatever hair I am into at the moment, and even change the tattoo look I want, though I usually just wear the intricate arrow down my ribcage.

Then I have a folder inside outfits called "Accessories" that has (links) to all my jewellery items, so I can quickly Add or Remove From Outfit a pair of earrings, a necklace, bangles, watch, etc.

My actual Outfit folders are named/coded so I know exactly what it is, and have nothing more than (links to) various bits of clothing that make up a specific outfit, and possibly the texture/colour HUDs for those items. A typical one might have a blouse, pair of jeans, a pair of heels, and a HUD for the heels. Four simple items. It takes me no more than five seconds this way to change outfits. Right click and "Remove From Outfit" the one I'm wearing leaving me now naked with hair etc on, then right click and "Add" on another outfit. Done.

I got really tired of seeing links to 50+ items in every outfit folder ... all my body parts, hairs, jewellery, shapes, BOMs layers, etc etc ... when an "outfit" to me is really just the clothes that you're wearing, not all the rest. The other thing this allows me is peace of mind in that if I ever delete an outfit by mistake (and who hasn't?) all I lose is links to a few clothing items.

PS. If you really want to go all in on this method create a few bottom "Outfits" with just one pair of pants or a skirt and suitable shoes, and another tops "Outfit" with links to every top you own. Add one of the bottom Outfits, then open the tops Outfit and just add one of the tops for a quick way to mix-and-match on the fly.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

^ This.

I have a base body/look for myself naked. Without hair even. No clothing, ever. All of that outfit is simply links to the various things I need for that (head, body, physics, BOM skin for head and body, freckles, shape, etc). And I always work with links for every one of my outfits, and never the actual objects in case I delete an outfit.

Hairs, and even tattoo BOMs are in my Favourites panel (in Firestorm) so I can Add whatever hair I am into at the moment, and even change the tattoo look I want, though I usually just wear the intricate arrow down my ribcage.

Then I have a folder inside outfits called "Accessories" that has (links) to all my jewellery items, so I can quickly Add or Remove From Outfit a pair of earrings, a necklace, bangles, watch, etc.

My actual Outfit folders are named/coded so I know exactly what it is, and have nothing more than (links to) various bits of clothing that make up a specific outfit, and possibly the texture/colour HUDs for those items. A typical one might have a blouse, pair of jeans, a pair of heels, and a HUD for the heels. Four simple items. It takes me no more than five seconds this way to change outfits. Right click and "Remove From Outfit" the one I'm wearing leaving me now naked with hair etc on, then right click and "Add" on another outfit. Done.

I got really tired of seeing links to 50+ items in every outfit folder ... all my body parts, hairs, jewellery, shapes, BOMs layers, etc etc ... when an "outfit" to me is really just the clothes that you're wearing, not all the rest. The other thing this allows me is peace of mind in that if I ever delete an outfit by mistake (and who hasn't?) all I lose is links to a few clothing items.

PS. If you really want to go all in on this method create a few bottom "Outfits" with just one pair of pants or a skirt and suitable shoes, and another tops "Outfit" with links to every top you own. Add one of the bottom Outfits, then open the tops Outfit and just add one of the tops for a quick way to mix-and-match on the fly.

I think I have my avi base saved with no clothes, I can't remember. But that is a good idea! The folder inside the outfit folder is a good idea as well. When I first started SL my friend had 14yrs of SL exp and she was the one who insisted I always have a base avatar saved as an outfit for the oppsy. I had a Lot of oppsy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  She would be like, Ma what did you do??? 🤷🏾 So now I make sure I got a backup. I used to make complete outfits but I can't remember the last time I did that. I have my Maitreya base and a Reborn base. I'm happy to say I haven't had an oppsy in a long...long time.😋😊

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.