Genus strong face head - can I stop my mouth moving when I type?

LunaThyme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I'm using the Genus strong face head, and my mouth moves so it looks like I'm speaking when I type in local chat.  I think it looks a bit weird so I'd like to stop my mouth from moving when typing, but I've looked at the animation hud and I can't figure out how to stop it.  Does anyone know if there's a way to do this?

Thanks.

If you look on the animation hud, you'll see an Icon of a mic and a keyboard in the bottom left of the animation hud.

Make sure there is a slash / going through the keyboard, If not, click the keyboard icon and it should put a slash there.

You may have to reset all animations for it to start working right..

Right click on yourself and  in the menu that pops up choose, Appearance, then reset, Then Skel & Anim..

That should work..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you look on the animation hud, you'll see an Icon of a mic and a keyboard.

Make sure there is a slash / going through the keyboard, If not, click the keyboard icon and it should put a slash there.

You may have to reset all animations for it to start working right..

Right click on yourself and  in the menu that pops up choose, Appearance, then reset, Then Skel & Anim..

That should work..

Thanks for the reply, Ceka!  Unfortunately, I tried that, and it didn't work!😕

12 minutes ago, LunaThyme said:

Okay, I tried that - and that didn't work either! 😕

So even without wearing the hud and resetting your animations, your lips still move when you are typing?

I'm just trying to guess what it would be by trying to eliminating the hud to see if it's the hud or something else..

It's been awhile since I've messed with the genus heads..

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

So even without wearing the hud and resetting your animations, your lips still move when you are typing?

I'm just trying to guess what it would be by trying to eliminating the hud to see if it's the hud or something else..

It's been awhile since I've messed with the genus heads..

Yes, I made sure there was a slash going through the keyboard on the hud, detached the hud, reset skel/animations (I also tried resetting animations before detaching the hud) - and my mouth still moves.  I also tried turning off my main AO in case it was something to do with that, and relogging - but nothing seems to work!

4 minutes ago, LunaThyme said:

Yes, I made sure there was a slash going through the keyboard on the hud, detached the hud, reset skel/animations (I also tried resetting animations before detaching the hud) - and my mouth still moves.  I also tried turning off my main AO in case it was something to do with that, and relogging - but nothing seems to work!

Have you tried the Genus group?  You may get a lot faster help with more minds on it..Plus they've probably ran across it and have much better answers than any place really..

Plus it's easier to work on troubleshooting in real time with others..

I used to be able to just pin point things out when I was wearing Genus, but I'm much more out of touch than I used to be, where they can probably at least give you a much quicker and better response..

45 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Have you tried the Genus group?  You may get a lot faster help with more minds on it..Plus they've probably ran across it and have much better answers than any place really..

Plus it's easier to work on troubleshooting in real time with others..

I used to be able to just pin point things out when I was wearing Genus, but I'm much more out of touch than I used to be, where they can probably at least give you a much quicker and better response..

Okay, I'll give the group a try.  Thanks for trying to help, anyway! :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LunaThyme said:

Okay, I'll give the group a try.  Thanks for trying to help, anyway! :)

I'm running around in world also, so if I see the group pop I'll try to jump in also if I can..

It's just much easier to be able to do it that way rather than waiting on each other to post.. hehehe

17 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm running around in world also, so if I see the group pop I'll try to jump in also if I can..

It's just much easier to be able to do it that way rather than waiting on each other to post.. hehehe

I'm not in world at the moment, but I'll give the group a try later.  Thanks again! :)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.