Looking for Evo X skins for Lelutka Ryn

Nightingalia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You might be asking, what's the big deal? The Ryn head updated to Evo X, so you can use any Evo X skin you want on it now!

Except, no other skins work for Ryn! Ceylon ones come close, but as most Ryn head users know the eyelid area is a little funky when it comes to anything not specifically designed for Ryn (I even have issues with eye makeup for this reason).

I really want to use an Evo X skin but it seems no one is interested in making skins for Ryn, not even asian skin creators, whom almost exclusively use Ceylon. The most confusing part of all this is that not even Lelutka themself updated the default Ryn skin to Evo X. Sure, you have the option to toggle between Evo and Evo X mode, but no Evo X "version" of *anything* is supplied, so you're left with a faceless head after purchase (if you wanted to its Evo X features).

Below is an example of what happens to the eyelid (skin designed for Ceylon [EvoX] vs Ryn[Evo])

636042480_ScreenShot2022-04-29at4_43_20AM.thumb.png.c1bf91598c7a000d343a7b104f7f3bd9.png1130470598_ScreenShot2022-04-29at4_50_17AM.thumb.png.860d50aa3e78fb73ff2e51c2d8b3f5ed.png

Have you tried using the brow shape that comes with the skins?   Brow shapes have more to do with the look of the skin, including eye area, then most people think.  Few places make for a specific head as opposed to a specific BRAND of head now that BOM is used by most.  If I were you, I use a brow that came with a skin or edit a brow shape you already use.

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Have you tried using the brow shape that comes with the skins?   Brow shapes have more to do with the look of the skin, including eye area, then most people think.  Few places make for a specific head as opposed to a specific BRAND of head now that BOM is used by most.  If I were you, I use a brow that came with a skin or edit a brow shape you already use.

Yeah, I did try that. And, TECHNICALLY, it does work, except the brow would have to be very, very low and close to the eye for the eyelids to smooth out 😭

Idk if being a cavewoman is a price I'm willing to pay 😢 THANK YOU THOUGH

Edited by Nightingalia

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, someone spoke :p

I love Ryn so much and it's so frustrating she has no more support. I have been wearing Ryn since day 1, and I won't change that head. I was using evo because  no one made an evo x skin for Ryn. I had to give up been Asian because all Asian skins were for Ceylon and Avalon. 

Atm I use a Skinnery skin (not Asian) and it fits perfectly in the eyes, nose and lips. 

b3a41a6212b6d55ea9326213e939f7b3.png

Edited by N3r1da
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Idk if there are a lot of Ryn users left, but I'll share what I tried anyways!

Most Ceylon skins work fine around the nose and blank spaces of the face, but the eye area can get really messed up. To fix that issue, you need to use an applier eyeshadow to cover the eye area. It might not be perfect as there is some undesirable stretching at the outer corners of the eye.

I found that skins without harsh eyeliners work best, or else you're left with a weird drooping eyeliner that honestly doesn't look like an eyeliner anymore. Ryn lips are a little finicky too, so you may have to use some BOM or applier lipsticks to fix up any issues.

However considering the amount of makeup you need to apply for the EvoX skin to work, I'm starting to doubt if it's worth using EvoX because makeup on Evo mode is high res anyways.

If anyone is curious, for the EvoX picture I used:

• The new Wonyo skin from Mudskin
  • Mudskin's "Twinkle eyeshadow" (this is the only asian applier eyeshadow I could find that was good quality)
  • some random free bom EvoX eyeliner
  • Bom & applier lipstick

EDIT: i forgot to mention but you'll have to redo your shape a little too

evo.png<-- Evo

evox.png<-- EvoX

Edited by Nightingalia
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.