Sofan dude is attacking me

Antares3983

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, i'm brand new here, trying to figure it all out and this dude Sofan is following me ...and all over my avi..

I cant even fly away! hes molesting me in the air or whatever it is going on... it just happened so im reporting it..

i saw he was a member for 6 yrs, maybe it was 8...i wasnt even talking to anybody yet!!

because its still a cluster of crackers to me to look at mainly, but i will get it like everything else i do.

i want to stay, but i dont want to go back on without blocking this dude first..can someone nicely help me here.

Thank you if you can...i was mid air with this whackadoodle and he kept on coming at me...and i just hit quit to poof out...quite disturbing.

my time to be on is now taken away..until i figure this out...Thanks anybody.

• Sad 2

12 answers to this question

file an Abuse Report

menu Help \ Report Abuse

in Select category choose: Assault

then choose the Abuser name: Sofan

in Summary field enter: My avatar is being attacked by Sofan

in Details field describe what is happening when you are attacked:  When I stand still, Sofan repeatedly pushes their avatar into mine. When I try to fly away Sofan keeps pushing my avatar with theirs

a thing to help you avoid these kinds of people immediately, is to teleport to another region. Menu: Me \ Places...   On the Places dialog VISITED tab.  Right-click on a place you have previously vistied, and select Teleport from the menu.   Other quick way out is to press the Home button (toolbar top left your screen) to go to back to the place where you first started playing on SL

Edited by Mollymews
typs
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Antares3983 said:

Hi, i'm brand new here, trying to figure it all out and this dude Sofan is following me ...and all over my avi..

I cant even fly away! hes molesting me in the air or whatever it is going on... it just happened so im reporting it..

i saw he was a member for 6 yrs, maybe it was 8...i wasnt even talking to anybody yet!!

because its still a cluster of crackers to me to look at mainly, but i will get it like everything else i do.

i want to stay, but i dont want to go back on without blocking this dude first..can someone nicely help me here.

Thank you if you can...i was mid air with this whackadoodle and he kept on coming at me...and i just hit quit to poof out...quite disturbing.

my time to be on is now taken away..until i figure this out...Thanks anybody.

Is he following you from sim to sim? How is he doing that? Maybe just log in to another sim. He's not on your friends list right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Is he following you from sim to sim? How is he doing that? Maybe just log in to another sim. He's not on your friends list right?

detach everything and remove him as you said,  sounds to me like he's got this one stuck with a collar or a script that's giving them the teleport location where they are going.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's what to do:

• Block him. Right click his avatar and choose Block, or Annoyance > Block, depending on which viewer you are using. This will keep him from bothering you in chat or IM, or sending you things you don't want. However, it will not prevent him from bumping into you physically. You can do that by either....
    • teleport away to a different region, as someone else suggested. If he is able to follow you, it may be due to something you are wearing that he gave you. Change your outfit by going to the Avatars menu (a button with 2 people on it, on the left edge of your screen) and choose one of the starter avatars. Then teleport away again. Or, if you want to stay in the location you are in,
    • simply sit on something, or sit on the ground. He will no longer be able to shove you by bumping into you.
  • Do not, under any circumstances, respond to him. Don't say, "stop that! Quit it!" Don't say anything at all. Ignore him completely and go about your business as best you can. Griefers get bored when they can't get a rise out of you.
  • You can file an Abuse Report as Mollymews suggests. However, this sort of harassment is generally regarded by Linden Lab as an interpersonal dispute rather than a violation of their rules, and most likely nothing will come of it (except, filing it will make you feel better!)
  • If he keeps bothering you, IM me. If I am in world, I'll give you a hand.
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

thank you..so im only maybe 2-3 hrs old...i dont have another sim and no friends yet..but i will ask you to be when i get that far..:)

you and everybody who has answered has the right stuff for me to know and i cant thank you enough.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

10 hours ago, Mollymews said:

file an Abuse Report

menu Help \ Report Abuse

in Select category choose: Assault

then choose the Abuser name: Sofan

in Summary field enter: My avatar is being attacked by Sofan

in Details field describe what is happening when you are attacked:  When I stand still, Sofan repeatedly pushes their avatar into mine. When I try to fly away Sofan keeps pushing my avatar with theirs

a thing to help you avoid these kinds of people immediately, is to teleport to another region. Menu: Me \ Places...   On the Places dialog VISITED tab.  Right-click on a place you have previously vistied, and select Teleport from the menu.   Other quick way out is to press the Home button (toolbar top left your screen) to go to back to the place where you first started playing on SL

Thank you Molly! so exact for me, big hugs! i was still in orientation and havent teleported anywhere yet..or tried..im only maybe 2-3 hours old...but i was afk for a bit in front of the free stuff girls side..but when i came back i was under water lol and i flew out and guess who is following me..sofan of stinkyville.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

detach everything and remove him as you said,  sounds to me like he's got this one stuck with a collar or a script that's giving them the teleport location where they are going.

Thank you bigmoe for helping..what you say is interesting..i will immediately check my inventory and see if the little weirdo has given me anything when i log back in..this inventory thing is still a little confusing to me, so if he has, ill probably be radared fairly quick while im deciphering lol..and like i told Molly i havent teleported any where yet, but thanks for the knowledge this kind of thing can happen..be wary of who you receive things from i guess.?..i need a lesson on all of this actually..dont i have to accept it? i should have come in with my friend with discord. she invited me from Vu. but i told her i didnt want to know her name here, and we can give each other clues about our Avi and have some hilarious fun trying to sneak up on each other..haha! well so far im losing...my fake girl avi has been molested on the way in...LoL!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Here's what to do:

• Block him. Right click his avatar and choose Block, or Annoyance > Block, depending on which viewer you are using. This will keep him from bothering you in chat or IM, or sending you things you don't want. However, it will not prevent him from bumping into you physically. You can do that by either....
    • teleport away to a different region, as someone else suggested. If he is able to follow you, it may be due to something you are wearing that he gave you. Change your outfit by going to the Avatars menu (a button with 2 people on it, on the left edge of your screen) and choose one of the starter avatars. Then teleport away again. Or, if you want to stay in the location you are in,
    • simply sit on something, or sit on the ground. He will no longer be able to shove you by bumping into you.
  • Do not, under any circumstances, respond to him. Don't say, "stop that! Quit it!" Don't say anything at all. Ignore him completely and go about your business as best you can. Griefers get bored when they can't get a rise out of you.
  • You can file an Abuse Report as Mollymews suggests. However, this sort of harassment is generally regarded by Linden Lab as an interpersonal dispute rather than a violation of their rules, and most likely nothing will come of it (except, filing it will make you feel better!)
  • If he keeps bothering you, IM me. If I am in world, I'll give you a hand.

Awesome stuff here Lindal, thank you very very very much..ya i didnt talk at all..havent even said anything to anyone yet..just trying to quietly come aboard..you know i did go sit in an inner tube on the beach ..he kept coming over...but somehow i was knocked out , stood up...so i started flying again and then thats when i decided ive had enough and poofed. I sure appreciate everyones answer on here ALOT.. my time to be here to get started is sort of short, so i Super Appreciate everyone elses time youve taken to help me. Really do..

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

However, this sort of harassment is generally regarded by Linden Lab as an interpersonal dispute rather than a violation of their rules

this is my understanding of how this goes

from what Antares has said since, this is most likely happening on the starter Welcome Island (or possibly the starter Social Island).  Should the villain do this more than one time on these islands, flagged by separate Abuse Reports, then the villain can expect a Friendly Greetings from Governance telling them to cut it out. A friendly greetings which the villain can ignore at their own peril

avatar bumping/pushing goes under Assault: Shooting, pushing or shoving another Resident in a Safe Area

starter Welcome Islands and starter Social Islands are the safest of Safe Areas

when we get bumped/pushed/shot/shoved on private owned land (which by definition are not Safe Areas) then is seen as an interpersonal dispute. The resident victim is expected to raise the matter with the private land owner. The land owner may or may not ban the villain from their land as the owner chooses

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mollymews said:

this is my understanding of how this goes

from what Antares has said since, this is most likely happening on the starter Welcome Island (or possibly the starter Social Island).  Should the villain do this more than one time on these islands, flagged by separate Abuse Reports, then the villain can expect a Friendly Greetings from Governance telling them to cut it out. A friendly greetings which the villain can ignore at their own peril

avatar bumping/pushing goes under Assault: Shooting, pushing or shoving another Resident in a Safe Area

starter Welcome Islands and starter Social Islands are the safest of Safe Areas

when we get bumped/pushed/shot/shoved on private owned land (which by definition are not Safe Areas) then is seen as an interpersonal dispute. The resident victim is expected to raise the matter with the private land owner. The land owner may or may not ban the villain from their land as the owner chooses

i was in in this safe area as you say it is.... anyway i came back last night and trying to move ahead.spent my time doing that...i came back just right now to finally file..seen more notifications...not a good beginning but i think its my responsibility too to make sure hes tagged ..then onward i will go. Its good to know the difference with this rule..ty for the lesson Molly.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.