Do vendors/MP not tell you if an account is deleted when you are gifting?

nyashinka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My partner has been inactive for over a month. Busy with IRL stuff and we still spoke on discord. We talked about him coming back after he sorted his RL out.

I like to gift my friends. And I expected he wouldn't be on for a while, so when I saw something cool that was exclusive to an event, I'd gift it to him so he'd have it when he came back online. I've also gifted things from MP.

I got frustrated about him saying he would come online and then something always coming up so today I decided I was done. 

Logged in to remove him from the group I have for my land, and I couldn't see him. I did some reading about it, and all signs point to a deleted account.

He never told me he deleted or thought about deleting his account. 

Now I'm wondering, would the gift vendors and the MP not tell me that the acct did not exist? Are those gifts/my $L gone forever?

TIA! ♥ 

3 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, nyashinka said:

My partner has been inactive for over a month. Busy with IRL stuff and we still spoke on discord. We talked about him coming back after he sorted his RL out.

I like to gift my friends. And I expected he wouldn't be on for a while, so when I saw something cool that was exclusive to an event, I'd gift it to him so he'd have it when he came back online. I've also gifted things from MP.

I got frustrated about him saying he would come online and then something always coming up so today I decided I was done. 

Logged in to remove him from the group I have for my land, and I couldn't see him. I did some reading about it, and all signs point to a deleted account.

He never told me he deleted or thought about deleting his account. 

Now I'm wondering, would the gift vendors and the MP not tell me that the acct did not exist? Are those gifts/my $L gone forever?

TIA! ♥ 

The gift vendors will only gift someone that can be found via Search.  That ability goes away once an account is deleted.  Thus, I'd bet that the account was still there the day you gifted him - and was actually deleted some time afterwards.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nyashinka said:

That's what I assumed. But I'm unsure about MP.

Thank you! :) ♥ 

The MP will be no different.  No system, inworld vendors or the MP, can deliver a gift unless the Receiver can be found in the system Search.  So, if the vendor or MP found the name in order to do the gifting, the account was not deleted at that point in time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.