Being threatned by SL user. Tried to file a report, but Resident's name was not optional. HELP!!!!!!

jstilley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi,

I am not sure what do you mean by"optional name" . Please edit your post using 'Options'--->Edit and add more information about it.

Are you sure you type the name in Abuse Report correctly? There is search option you need to type the name there. It looks like grey but you need to click 'Choose a Resident' button.

Remember that you can block (mute) other Resident. You will not get any IMs from that person any more. 

As the others, I'm wondering what 'name was not optional' means. You have to state the name of the person you report.

I suggest you open the IM window where the abusive text appears, then go to Help->Report Abuse. The window with the text will then be included in the report. In the abuse report, if you cannot choose the avatar who is bothering you in the people chooser, select Governor Linden as the name and state the name of the abuser in the description field.

Then, as Identity says, block the person, and don't respond to them in any way after that. Block them and go about your SLife as you want.

- Luc -

• Like 1

Surely u know the name of the person that is causing you issues..If it were me in your situation I would simply file a report to linden lab and tell them the name of the avatar u are saying wasn't optional ( although I have no clue what that actually means) also mute mute mute! That's what its there for!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.