Is there a HUD or something to store poses?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

Hi all-
So is there a HUD to store photo poses that you'd recommend for the sims that don't allow rezzing of photo stands or poseballs?Or another way to go about this? Also, is there a better bento face HUD out there than the Lel one?

I've been using this one for 10 years.  

Second Life Marketplace - PoseAnywhere 2.5 - New Version!

• Like 1

Yes, there are pose HUDs. Actually a number of them. Most require no pose ball or anything to rez in-world.

There are also posing tools... they let you move your avatar to adjust a pose. The Black Dragon viewer has a Poser feature. Many of us use it to tweak poses for photography. We can initiate a pose then use BD's Pose to tweak it. I also use it to create facial expressions for images. I can raise an eyebrow, wink, pucker my lips, point a finder, tilt my head just right... etc. And we can save a pose for later use. But, I doubt BD's Poser is a replacement for what you want.

Chrysanthemum's makes a HUD to aid in setting facial expressions.

I use and like the PoseAnyWhere HUD. I store poses in it which I have bought from other parties. It also lets me pose others.

Builder's Brewery has classes on posing and animation along with a number of tools to control posing. Visit their region and check out the tools.

Even with all these niffty toos you'll run into posing problems. So, check out Strawberry Singhs tutosial on posing. Start here: https://strawberrysingh.com/tutorials/

I think these are the most helpful:

Links
  • Moving Avatars
    Video tutorial on moving and rotating avatars without the use of other pose stands or objects.
    Written & Recorded by Strawberry Singh.
    Date of Post: June 14, 2013.
  • Moving your own Avatar
    Video tutorial on moving and rotating your own avatar, PART 2 of Moving Avatars. ^
    Written & Recorded by Strawberry Singh.
    Date of Post: June 14, 2013.

I haven't checked the movement tricks lately. Firestorm broke the feature at one point and I haven't looked to see if it is fixed.

Strawberry is now a Linden Lab employee so not much happening on her website. But you will see her active in the SL website.

• Like 1

You can actually use any dance HUD which allows you to add your own dances. Both poses and animations are just... animations.

Only thing to look out for is that the dance HUD has a way of NOT automatically progressing to the next dance.

I have used this method with a free dance HUD which I picked up a long time ago at a store now long gone and I am still using it every now and then.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Yes, there are pose HUDs. Actually a number of them. Most require no pose ball or anything to rez in-world.

There are also posing tools... they let you move your avatar to adjust a pose. The Black Dragon viewer has a Poser feature. Many of us use it to tweak poses for photography. We can initiate a pose then use BD's Pose to tweak it. I also use it to create facial expressions for images. I can raise an eyebrow, wink, pucker my lips, point a finder, tilt my head just right... etc. And we can save a pose for later use. But, I doubt BD's Poser is a replacement for what you want.

Chrysanthemum's makes a HUD to aid in setting facial expressions.

I use and like the PoseAnyWhere HUD. I store poses in it which I have bought from other parties. It also lets me pose others.

Thanks, so much good information here! Will look for those HUD's
I keep hearing about how BD is really the best viewer for taking pics with all it does, I suppose one day I should sit down and watch some tutorials to figure it all out.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Amberyl Ethaniel said:

Thanks, so much good information here! Will look for those HUD's
I keep hearing about how BD is really the best viewer for taking pics with all it does, I suppose one day I should sit down and watch some tutorials to figure it all out.

BD is made by a bit of an eccentric for his/her personal taste. So the user interface is quite different and it takes some getting used to. But, the rendering controls and features are enhanced. You can do things with it that you can't with other viewers. And the Poser is an AWESOME enhancement.

But, with all that, you can open it and use it for the basics without any training.

There is a section in the forum where people ask BD questions and the author, NiranV, answers questions. Makes for an interesting read.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.