Need help regarding Land impacts. [Not sure if this supposed to go here...]

karenx0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I have been decorating one of my friend's place, and they own a 1/4th parcel. They already have 897 prims left, but yet whenever I try to copy an objects it doesn't let me. Even if I try to rez an object still no. But if I rez a prim it allows me. Apparently, any object with 1 Li, allows me to copy or rez. But if it's 2 Li or more it's a straight no. Below is a picture what is says.

https://gyazo.com/a70696e5f9565c59c6ca3aeb0c6405be

a70696e5f9565c59c6ca3aeb0c6405be.png

Can someone help me with it please?

Edited by karenx0

1 hour ago, karenx0 said:

So, I have been decorating one of my friend's place, and they own a 1/4th parcel. They already have 897 prims left, but yet whenever I try to copy an objects it doesn't let me. Even if I try to rez an object still no. But if I rez a prim it allows me. Apparently, any object with 1 Li, allows me to copy or rez. But if it's 2 Li or more it's a straight no. Below is a picture what is says.

https://gyazo.com/a70696e5f9565c59c6ca3aeb0c6405be

a70696e5f9565c59c6ca3aeb0c6405be.png

Can someone help me with it please?

What do the impacts/capacites read in About Land > Objects for your parcel?

Is there a region bonus in effect in that same tab?

If so, do the impacts/capacities of any other parcels show overrun?

• Like 3

I agree with Lucia's speculation re: overrun. The message you get states that the region is full, which makes me wonder if, although your friend has not used up her own allowance on her own parcel, someone on another parcel in the same region has somehow gone over their limit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I agree with Lucia's speculation re: overrun. The message you get states that the region is full, which makes me wonder if, although your friend has not used up her own allowance on her own parcel, someone on another parcel in the same region has somehow gone over their limit. 

So, if someone else in the same region crosses their limit, even though my friend has a few left it will show like the picture above?

28 minutes ago, karenx0 said:

So, if someone else in the same region crosses their limit, even though my friend has a few left it will show like the picture above?

I would think so, though I admit I've not personally see it happen. But the region is going to have a maximum amount allowed, and if someone else is using more than their share, it makes sense that it's going to affect others. If your friend is living on a private estate, they should contact the owner or an estate manager to report this issue. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, karenx0 said:

they own a 1/4th parcel.

what parcel? 1/4 region? 1/4 of 512?
homestead? full region?

please also add a pic of the about land, reading that wrongly  can be the 897 is the total remaining on the whole region and not the parcel

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Is there a region bonus in effect in that same tab?

If so, do the impacts/capacities of any other parcels show overrun?

What is a region bonus effect? 😐

54 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

what parcel? 1/4 region? 1/4 of 512?
homestead? full region?

please also add a pic of the about land, reading that wrongly  can be the 897 is the total remaining on the whole region and not the parcel

When I log from my PC, I will post another picture of the land details within this thread. Perhaps then you'd be able to point me something.

25 minutes ago, karenx0 said:

What is a region bonus effect? 😐

image.thumb.png.d45f7324b39605202a139aee9d68109b.png

That number I circled with the red arrow, if it's larger than 1.00 it's probably the problem, and whoever manages your region is "cheating" by setting it larger than the amount of land impact they reserved in unrented areas, or they allowed others to use that reserve by too-permissive object settings on those unrented areas.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.