How do I interact with a vendor that is far away?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm in a cam region adjacent to the main shopping region (guess where) and I can buy demos/products from vendors on the side next to the cam region. I can also buy demos/products from other vendors closer to the cam region but at a certain distance I can't buy or interact with vendors. I can cam over to them because I have disabled camera constraints but I just can't buy the demos/products. Is there a client setting to adjust this behavior? Or do I have to wait until I can get into the actual main region?

7 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I'm in a cam region adjacent to the main shopping region (guess where) and I can buy demos/products from vendors on the side next to the cam region. I can also buy demos/products from other vendors closer to the cam region but at a certain distance I can't buy or interact with vendors. I can cam over to them because I have disabled camera constraints but I just can't buy the demos/products. Is there a client setting to adjust this behavior? Or do I have to wait until I can get into the actual main region?

Increase your draw distance.  I'm pretty sure interacting with the vendors is based on your physical draw distance rather than where your camera is.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Increase your draw distance.  I'm pretty sure interacting with the vendors is based on your physical draw distance rather than where your camera is.

Increased my draw distance and still can't buy from a distant vendor. I can right click and choose buy which shows the contents but it won't actually buy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Increased my draw distance and still can't buy from a distant vendor. I can right click and choose buy which shows the contents but it won't actually buy. 

Hmm - I can't think of anything else that would impact the buying ability.  That was my best guess.

Question - not sure which event, does the event span regions and if so, are the vendors that you can buy from in a different region that the vendors that you cannot buy from?

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmm - I can't think of anything else that would impact the buying ability.  That was my best guess.

Question - not sure which event, does the event span regions and if so, are the vendors that you can buy from in a different region that the vendors that you cannot buy from?

It's Uber. All the vendors are in the main region. I'm in the Harajuku region over to the right on the world map. I can buy things on the side adjacent to Harajuku. But on the side adjacent to Uber Cam Shopping 2 I can't buy from the Wasabi vendor or Amara Beauty. I can buy from Apple Blossom just a few vendors down because it's closer. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Which region are you shopping from?  I went to the Harajuku region and could buy a demo from the farthest away vendors.

I was in Harajuku. I will try to uncheck limit select distance. Do you have that unchecked?

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I had no problem picking up demo's from Harajuku while standing on Uber. I was actually a little surprised as I thought content was funneled to an avatar through the region and only when on the region the content is actually located on.

I can buy from far away! So the fix was to uncheck the Limit Select Distance. I changed it in the Linden viewer. Thanks Arielle! Thanks LittleMe. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

all of the vendors I have, are limited to a sensor distance of 10m or less.  might be that too.

I suppose that is okay in your store, but I would hate such a thing at a Event.  I cam shop events from a single point, away from the crowd, all the time.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.