Intel G41 Express Chipset is it compatable?

granddom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You can read about that chipset on Tom's Hardware:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/g45-geforce-9400,2263-2.html

It's fairly unbiased review on the Intel G41 Express Chipset (which is a motherboard) that has onboard graphics instead of discrete (or dedicated graphics card).  I believe you are using the onboard graphics and because of that I'm going to tell you that it will work...........barely.  The G41 Express motherboard has a PCI express slot and you'd have much better luck running SL if you were to purchase a discrete video card instead of using the onboard adapter that is incorporated in the motherboard.

that Intel graphics will run SL from my own experience Intel graphics provide a satisfactory experience if your using it short term such as borrowing a machine with those graphics if your between computers i've never been able to manage SL on more than the lowest graphic setting if this graphics chip is in the computer/laptop you want to use for SL you may want to think about an ATI/AMD or nvidia graphics card which will allow you to crank the graphics up to medium and beyond for a better SL experience

Be careful, though; in my experience that chipset works fine (for some values of 'fine') with SecondLife on Windows 7, but if you make the mistake of upgrading to Windows 8 or 8.1, it stops working. This goes for just about all 3rd party viewers as well.  I have not yet found a solution for this. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.