not rezzing

Belial Darkfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Could be a few things. Are you sure you returned to the right home? Are you the owner of the parcel, or does another account you have own it? If the latter, and you have the parcel set where only group can rez, were you wearing your group tag? Did you try relogging to see if that solved the issue? Did you check grid status to see if some maintenance was being done that affected rezzing? 

• Like 2

Sometimes when trying to rez mesh items on other mesh items you will get a message that sounds like you might not have permissions.  Create a simple box prim, flatten it, and stretch it a bit.  See if you rez items on top of that  If so, then simply make the prim a large rug in the room (or an invisible flat surface) and rez on that before moving items to where you want them.  Or rez items outside on the ground and them move them to where you want them.

• Like 2

In theory, it should be no problems to rez in a Linden Home. But sometimes it still happens. It can be that you tried to rez on a furniture shadow, or a rug edge that has a wide transparent border.

ctrl+alt+t toggle transparent, so you can see the edges of shadows. Use the same combination ctrl+alt+t to turn it off.

Sometimes I have had issues with trying to pull things from the inventory that was not placed where I wanted to put it. I was not zooming in close enough to the floor. If you get no error message, but can't see anything, zoom around and look outside or up in the attic.

And also the rezzing under the floor problem. 😒 I am using Firestorm viewer and area search almost every time I redecorate, to grab furniture up on the roof or rugs under the floor.

But the suggestion to make a flat prim, is the best way of solving it. It takes care of problems, but not the one if you are not zoomed in close enough and your bathtub ends up halfway through the wall in the room behind you. 😖

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sometimes when trying to rez mesh items on other mesh items you will get a message that sounds like you might not have permissions.  Create a simple box prim, flatten it, and stretch it a bit.  See if you rez items on top of that  If so, then simply make the prim a large rug in the room (or an invisible flat surface) and rez on that before moving items to where you want them.  Or rez items outside on the ground and them move them to where you want them.

I will have to try that myself! I too will get that "you don't have permission" popup and it is annoying as heck. Thank you for the tip. :)

• Like 2

Pretty sure I made a suggestion to have way to rez objects from inventory without dragging and dropping, because say I have a painting I would like to rez on wall, I would click, hold, drag painting from inventory and release mouse button on wall.

What will often happen is the release point will not be the wall where released but beyond the wall maybe a few houses away, even though painting was released on wall. In perfect world would rez that painting on wall it would rez on wall and would just have to tweak it a bit. In reality it's rez on ground near avatars feet (not too close or object will try to attach to avatar, and then rotate the object and move the objects x,y,z axis until perfect. To someone new to this type of program it's the oppisite of fun, it's like learning blender.

Unsure why rezzing on mesh has that problem, I'm not that tech savvy. I've objects rez inside walls and ceilings and under the homes before. If you try to rez something and it does not show up and you don't get an error likely object rezzed somewhere that can't be easily seen.

It might be helpful to have the object edit arrows on recently rezzed objects without having to have the build tool window open that way if object did rez inside wall could at least have idea where object is via edit arrows to move out of wall. Likely newer residents are not going to know how to disable camera constraints to see inside walls. 

The camera constraints work great, wonder if the rez release point could detect the constraint barrier vs mesh? Thinking out loud. 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.