Jump to content

Holes In Mesh Clothes


JewelsAdiya
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I have had this problem lately. Clothes that have open spots, holes, in areas where an alpha is not an option. This romper is an example. I have tried changing my body size. Does nothing. I have tried taking off all my BOM layers. Does nothing. I have even tried going to a different sim and restarting. I can't figure this one out. 0_KeS4HUnoB0eAJ8X5H6Vk14u0vnoNGzSiSp-HWF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks. I'm wearing a Maitreya Lara body and the correct sized clothes. I have had this problem recently with several other pieces of clothing. Unfortunately, resetting skeleton and animations didn't work either. I guess they just don't make mesh clothes the way they used to. :|

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JewelsAdiya said:

Thanks. I'm wearing a Maitreya Lara body and the correct sized clothes. I have had this problem recently with several other pieces of clothing. Unfortunately, resetting skeleton and animations didn't work either. I guess they just don't make mesh clothes the way they used to. :|

Are you wearing the other layers included with the Maitreya for appliers?  I've never used those but wondered if they make a difference in how clothes fit.  I've had clothing like this, too.  It's especially bad with transparent clothing or clothing like the above where an alpha isn't an option.  Bad rigging as Eddy mentioned.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I assume you're wearing the correct clothing rig size for your body.  If resetting skeleton and animations doesn't do the trick, then I'd conclude that the garment is poorly rigged.

 

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Are you wearing the other layers included with the Maitreya for appliers?  I've never used those but wondered if they make a difference in how clothes fit.  I've had clothing like this, too.  It's especially bad with transparent clothing or clothing like the above where an alpha isn't an option.  Bad rigging as Eddy mentioned.  

Thanks. No, I'm not wearing any of the layers. Just the body and BOM skin. I've tried changing skins for this issue, as well. Didn't help. I've been doing a lot inworld this weekend. I've already cleared my cache and dumped my trash & restarted, which usually clears up weird issues. So, now I am going to reinstall and see if that clears it up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are using the latest version of Maitreya, The item might be rigged for one of the older versions and not updated. That or probably just bad rigging in general..

Also make sure animations  you may be using in an AO aren't causing it.. Sometimes animations will cause clipping as well..

 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

   I can't see the picture in the first post, but it sounds like you might need an alpha - either using the HUD or making one.

The problem was.there is a cutout/belt area at.the waist where skin should be showing.  If it were solid, she could alpha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I always check when I have glitches in clothing, is my ao. Since switching to a mostly static ao, I have much less issue with this, but sometimes certain poses will cause clothes to warp weirdly. Maybe try reaching out to the creator, showing them a picture of the glitch. They may decide to fix it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've found that I most often have clipping issues with the Maitreya body in the armpit/upper chest area.  The alpha HUD included with the body often also alphas out part of the chest in low cut shirts. It's very frustrating, so I wish Maitreya would fine tune their alpha HUD.  

I know some of my AO movements will cause clipping, and that's not the fault of the designer. Thankfully more designers are starting to include custom alphas again with their clothing, so we can bypass the alpha HUD.  You can also create your own alpha if you have some minimal graphic creation skills. I know there are tutorials on YouTube.  There's also packages of alphas available on Marketplace. 

Some stores are really good at correcting alpha glitches on request. Others are not.  I will usually quit purchasing from the stores that refuse to correct blatantly obvious clipping issues.  Stores that only sell template-based clothing are not going to be able to correct these issues as they don't do the rigging.  As someone has mentioned above, some of these templates were created before Maitreya updated, so the rigging may be off. 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 9:46 PM, Rowan Amore said:

The stomach area is almost always where I find issues with badly rigged clothing.  Even from stores who normally do a good job, this area is a fail at times.  

It is still happening here and there. The "holes" are usually in the boobs, in a way that an alpha can't hide. It resolved itself last week. I hope that will happen this week too because I hate trashing cute stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JewelsAdiya said:

It is still happening here and there. The "holes" are usually in the boobs, in a way that an alpha can't hide. It resolved itself last week. I hope that will happen this week too because I hate trashing cute stuff. 

If you are wearing any physics, or deformer's, make sure it isn't any of those causing the problem..

I'll get clipping in the breasts sometimes as well and it can be any of those, plus sometimes will have to tweak the cleavage inward some if you have yours out..

I always have mine outward.. hehehehe

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, JewelsAdiya said:

It is still happening here and there. The "holes" are usually in the boobs, in a way that an alpha can't hide. It resolved itself last week. I hope that will happen this week too because I hate trashing cute stuff. 

I have noticed before if the boob size slider is maxed out it can cause clippage with clothes layering or skin might poke through if there isn't an appropriate alpha to hide it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you are wearing any physics, or deformer's, make sure it isn't any of those causing the problem..

I'll get clipping in the breasts sometimes as well and it can be any of those, plus sometimes will have to tweak the cleavage inward some if you have yours out..

I always have mine outward.. hehehehe

I can't seem to see the picture, but sometimes I've accidentally left on the BOM Add-on Parts (the thing you put on with a BOM shirt so your nipples don't put someone's eye out). That will make mesh clothes not fit in the area between the breasts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...