Where do you go to get the mesh body to upload to blender/marvelous from?

KR3ATIV3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im just now getting started with making mesh clothes for most of the mesh bodies on second life .i've been trying to figure out if i need to contact the actual creator to get it? Or is it already in store ? i've already been to the maitreya store and i didn't see anything about a kit for the mesh body yet, just alot of layer kits. If someone can help me  i'd like that alot ,more than you know. 

As far as I know unless things have changed,  in order to get the mesh kits, you need to contact the mesh body creator and apply to get one.  And that can take some time.   But without the kit to give you the weights etc. proper rigging is pretty much impossible. 

43 minutes ago, KR3ATIV3 said:

Im just now getting started with making mesh clothes for most of the mesh bodies on second life .i've been trying to figure out if i need to contact the actual creator to get it? Or is it already in store ? i've already been to the maitreya store and i didn't see anything about a kit for the mesh body yet, just alot of layer kits. If someone can help me  i'd like that alot ,more than you know. 

As Tazzie pointed out above, most mesh body dev kits can only be acquired by filling out an application and usually require that you have a pre-established store and that you show examples of your work.  There are a few dev kits that are easier to obtain, probably the most well known of which is the kemono which is freely available to download from the creators website (along with some other resources).

There are also quite a few threads on this subject that have links to useful resources,  try searching the forums for the term "dev kit" and you'll find plenty of helpful information on the topic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2022 at 12:33 AM, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

As Tazzie pointed out above, most mesh body dev kits can only be acquired by filling out an application and usually require that you have a pre-established store and that you show examples of your work.  There are a few dev kits that are easier to obtain, probably the most well known of which is the kemono which is freely available to download from the creators website (along with some other resources).

There are also quite a few threads on this subject that have links to useful resources,  try searching the forums for the term "dev kit" and you'll find plenty of helpful information on the topic.

That's a little frustrating : ( not the application itself, but the store requirement... Does that mean I can't create clothes for myself if I use Maitreya? 

1 hour ago, Nightingalia said:

That's a little frustrating : ( not the application itself, but the store requirement... Does that mean I can't create clothes for myself if I use Maitreya? 

When you fill in the application;  you can state what you want it for i.e. making clothing for yourself.  You never know, you might get it.  It is worth a try.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.