Recognizing and refraining from Interpersonal Disputes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

When engaging with others on a forum such as this with a fairly well established community, you will inevitably meet groups of like-minded people and also those who share opposing views to your own and I think it's easy for those less familiar with these forums and the people that post here to mistakenly perceive the rapid succession of posts from people who all share the same or very similar views and whose posts compliment each other due to their familiarity with each others perspectives as some sort of coordinated attack.

Most of us have probably seen a newbie stumble in here and get mauled. I sometimes jump in to ameliorate.

I've experienced the reverse of the situation you described. Within a year of my arrival here, some old timers were convinced I was serving Kool-Aid to the forum and pulling strings within LL to have my way. As the only person here in a position to know that's not true, I could only wonder how the perception came to be. Being nefarious, I did approximately nothing to discourage it.

I've got dog owning neighbors who pay for home security services and always lock their doors when leaving for short errands. I'll only lock the doors if I'm going to be away all day or longer. I hate carrying keys.

Same world, different perceptions.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Being nefarious, I did approximately nothing to discourage it.

Honestly, if people were to make up wild and fantastical rumours about me I'd probably actively encourage them.  I'm really not that interesting so anything that helps to add an air of mystery to my persona would probably be a bonus! 😅

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's not just a meme here, people actually log into the forums as multiple accounts to stir up trouble. 

Or maybe avoid trouble to their main account. In retrospect I do think I would have been better off to use an alternate account for my more controversial viewpoints.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...gets right to work.

And to bring the thread slightly back on topic, here we have another example of communication "faux pas" and how a careless choice of words can lead to a potential calamity entirely of your own making...

6 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Honestly, if people were to make up wild and fantastical rumours about me I'd probably actively encourage them.  I'm really not that interesting so anything that helps to add an air of mystery to my persona would probably be a bonus! 😅

Choose your words wisely, for sometimes they have teeth and your posterior can suddenly become nothing more than a succulent morsel!

• Haha 2

They watched....
They waited....
They baited...
They pounced....
Decades of pent up rage unfairness & hurt feelings fuelled their unhinged lust,
Torches illuminated their path as they thrust their pitchforks in the direction of naysayers...
Keyboards and mice were mashed into oblivion in their endless pursuit of....
SOCKPUPPETRY~! 2022.

Coming to a cinema near you s👀n.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Correlation can be powerful, but addressing it as conspiracy seems like a mistake.

Yes, conspiracy is going a bit too far, but all groups of people who hang around each other brainwash each other, to a degree.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.