Tweenster or Tweeneedoo?

Desphiria Edenflower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure where to put this so the mods can move this. But I've been browsing around SL looking at avatars and stuff annddd I was wondering, for all the people who use child and teen avatars, which one is better? Tweenster or Tweeneedoo? I kind of like how Tweenster looks and they have some cute clothes and look like tweens I guess but, Tweeneedoo kind of also does and has way more clothes than Tweensters OORRR I haven't found the other shops that sells them. I know Tweenees have heads you can buy for the body and have an age range kind of and a lot of skins in their hud while... I haven't even seen that many Tweenster skins and I guess you gotta buy a mesh head for the Tweensters since I don't see any at the stores.

21 hours ago, Desphiria Edenflower said:

I'm not sure where to put this so the mods can move this. But I've been browsing around SL looking at avatars and stuff annddd I was wondering, for all the people who use child and teen avatars, which one is better? Tweenster or Tweeneedoo? I kind of like how Tweenster looks and they have some cute clothes and look like tweens I guess but, Tweeneedoo kind of also does and has way more clothes than Tweensters OORRR I haven't found the other shops that sells them. I know Tweenees have heads you can buy for the body and have an age range kind of and a lot of skins in their hud while... I haven't even seen that many Tweenster skins and I guess you gotta buy a mesh head for the Tweensters since I don't see any at the stores.

One is not necessarily better than the other. It's just based on your personal preferences.

For Tweensters, you'd have to buy a separate head. I find female heads from Catwa, Lelutka, and Genus fit Tweenster bodies quite well. Other store brands would work just as well, but always demo first.

Skins are a bit tougher to find, I admit, but not impossible. I see 149 search results on MP for "tweenster skin". I've only had one old skin from MeshMerized using third party finger & toe fixes so I can't attest for other stores. Again, always demo first.

Clothing? Going by Marketplace searches alone, there are 25270 items found for Tweenster and 6241 items found for Tweeneedoo.

I'm sure there might be a few more choices inworld, but to be honest, I haven't wandered that far because I know there's little to no chance I'll find something for a little boy. Girls usually have no trouble finding stuff. XD

• Like 1

Tweenster so far has more clothes and other customization options created for it. If changing looks is something you find fun, you will have easier time with it.

I think Genus still has a free head on offer. And grabbing a few demos from this and other stores to see how they fit and how you like them is the way to go. Skin and shape do more for creating specific age look than the actual mesh - can easily make the same head look as 10 years old or 20-something just with a skin change and adjusting proportions a little.

Another thing on skins - BOM neckblend tattoo does wonders when it comes to matching head and body skins from different brands. Some skin stores include them, then there's some free and almost free on marketplace. So look for head-brand specific skins and see if you find something you like, then try matching demo with one of the body skins.

27 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Girls usually have no trouble finding stuff. XD

Trying to dress my teen girl alt is a struggle, compared to an adult avatar. If I'd try to dress a teen boy, I'd probably end up in tears. 😥 Boys deserve better clothes.

She has Tweenster body and I think Lelutka head. Or Logo head, one of the two. Used both, Lelutka has more skin options.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

One is not necessarily better than the other. It's just based on your personal preferences.

For Tweensters, you'd have to buy a separate head. I find female heads from Catwa, Lelutka, and Genus fit Tweenster bodies quite well. Other store brands would work just as well, but always demo first.

Skins are a bit tougher to find, I admit, but not impossible. I see 149 search results on MP for "tweenster skin". I've only had one old skin from MeshMerized using third party finger & toe fixes so I can't attest for other stores. Again, always demo first.

Clothing? Going by Marketplace searches alone, there are 25270 items found for Tweenster and 6241 items found for Tweeneedoo.

I'm sure there might be a few more choices inworld, but to be honest, I haven't wandered that far because I know there's little to no chance I'll find something for a little boy. Girls usually have no trouble finding stuff. XD

I was browsing SL yesteday and I found a store that sells male teen clothes that look like adults could wear them from a store called Alastrio? Or something like that. You could try there. OuO Ermm, oh yeaah. I have a Catwa head already I think so I'm good with that one. I just need to get the tweenster body and some clothes. OuO I think I have a skin that looks teenish too that I use on my Maitreya body. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.