Transfering bone weighting between bones in Avastar (help needed!)

stoplight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, well. I somehow managed to mess up big time and not realize it until it was exactly time to upload my model. 😔

The simple and short of it is, I somehow ended up weighting everything to the animation rig, rather than the deforming rig; and I've already gone and perfected everything for animations and even made a test animation for it as well. I only noticed when I tried uploading and firestorm's importer started yelling at me about using the wrong bones. It's for a rigged mesh attachment for a dragon avatar, so it's even more troublesome to fix up... 😥

So I guess my big question is, is there any way to duplicate the weights I've done on the animation bones to the deformation bones? Or do I have to start all over with re-rigging the thing? Every time I looked up how to do so online has either given me information on how to weight mirror bones (not what I need), or to just copy the bones I have weighted and rename them (which only did some really wacky stuff to the rigging, or didn't work at all)... is there some trick I'm missing? 😥

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.