Derendered objects keep reappearing?

NYGiantschick83

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone!  

On one of the parcels I own on mainland...I have derendered part of one of the ugliest airports in SL about 5 times.  It takes quite some time because of all the pieces.  But it just keeps coming back even though I blacklist every little piece of it.  Am I doing something wrong because I'm about to sell my land if I have to keep looking at this eyesore.  LOL

Thank you! 

9 minutes ago, NYGiantschick83 said:

Hey everyone!  

On one of the parcels I own on mainland...I have derendered part of one of the ugliest airports in SL about 5 times.  It takes quite some time because of all the pieces.  But it just keeps coming back even though I blacklist every little piece of it.  Am I doing something wrong because I'm about to sell my land if I have to keep looking at this eyesore.  LOL

Thank you! 

With Firestorm, you can derender temporarily or permanently -- which are you doing?

Tis also possible that much of what you have derendered is actually being created with temp rezzers -- you can't defeat those because every re-rez is a new object with a new object ID.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

With Firestorm, you can derender temporarily or permanently -- which are you doing?

Tis also possible that much of what you have derendered is actually being created with temp rezzers -- you can't defeat those because every re-rez is a new object with a new object ID.

I'm definitely choosing the permanent option.  I wouldn't think someone would want to have a temporary runway for an airport...LOL  But nothing surprises me in SL anymore...LOL  I'm just going to take my treehouse down and put a lower house up so I don't have to see it.  Thank you for the quick reply!  

I open area search and type in the name of owner, or the group if all the objects is deeded to group. You see it is own places to select search by those options, also search by creator is an option. I can then select the whole list, page by page, and derender/blacklist them. It is much faster than selecting an endless number of objects.

If they come back - I have no idea why. Are the airport in another region? Maybe blacklist only works if you are standing inside a region?

Just a wild guess.

13 hours ago, NYGiantschick83 said:

Hey everyone!  

Thank you! 

How fast does it come back?

Like .. if you derender it and wait 30 seconds, doe sit pop back into existence? because that's a temp rezzor and you are SOL. Nothing you can do aside from report it to LL and hope for the best.

Moving away is probably your only option.

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I open area search and type in the name of owner, or the group if all the objects is deeded to group. You see it is own places to select search by those options, also search by creator is an option. I can then select the whole list, page by page, and derender/blacklist them. It is much faster than selecting an endless number of objects.

If they come back - I have no idea why. Are the airport in another region? Maybe blacklist only works if you are standing inside a region?

Just a wild guess.

Thank you!  I'll definitely try that.  That would be much faster than clicking each dotted line on the runway...LOL  And I have been right next to it and it still comes back.  

29 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

How fast does it come back?

Like .. if you derender it and wait 30 seconds, doe sit pop back into existence? because that's a temp rezzor and you are SOL. Nothing you can do aside from report it to LL and hope for the best.

Moving away is probably your only option.

Well no...it seems to go away at least the whole time while I'm there.  I kind of visit each of my parcels daily so it may not be another week until I return there.  But while I'm there for hours sometimes..It's still derendered.  

10 hours ago, animats said:

Is there a limit to how much you can de-render? The viewer has to keep a list of all that stuff.

I've never seen anything mentioned about a limit to how many items you can have on the Asset Blacklist, although it makes sense that there IS a limit of some sort. I just looked on FS' site and couldn't find anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, StrongZer0 said:

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. The prims come back in seconds. I have no idea why someone would want their prims to be resistant to being derendered, save for just being a knucklehead. 

They are probably using a temp rezzer to save on prim allowance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you choose the option to derender AND blacklist or the derender will only persist until your next login.

ETA: I see you said you blacklisted so I don't know why that is happening. Glad I could help! lol

Edited by Mercedes Avon

Hi, I too have had this problem in a sky dome, I believe it may have been a temp rezzer too. The owner said something about it being linked to some rezzing box and now he has solved the problem. When our mutual friend comes online to translate, I will ask him what he did as it's ow gone away, finally!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.