So they call themselves "Linden Research".....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

The CIA, WikiLeaks and Spy vs Spy | BetaNews

I SO adore the term Poppet for adorable nippers & tiny tots. ❤️ (and so do they).
also, some Spies have nothing whatsoever to hide and operate in full view of the public.
(not sure how long this link will remain active), until then.....
ROCK IT! \m/ 

17 hours ago, animats said:

I tried making a pendulum as a physics demo, but the settings of the physics engine make it stop after a while, and not at the bottom rest position.

Speaking as someone that likes to script autonomous drones and vehicles, the SL physics engine could double as a randomization engine.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Linden Research Incorparated was founded by Philip Rosedale in 1999 to research and develop electronic haptics (touch and feel) technologies.

Haptics are devices worn on the body, or held in the hand which are similar to the vibrating "rumble" motors, or pressure-sensitive control buttons and trigger mechanisms found inside video games console control pads.

Linden Research's small team initially operated from a building at 333 Linden Street in San Francisco, which influenced the "Linden Research" name. The Linden Research team nicknamed themselves the "Linden Lab", with individuals known as "Lindens".

As well as developing haptics, Linden Research also developed a 3D virtual environment called "Linden World" to test their haptics in.  After seeing the potential of the 3D world, new investors changed the company's research direction, prioritising the development of the 3D "Linden World" environment into an online virtual world business and haptics research was shelved.  The "Linden World" 3D environment also had a name change to "Second Life".

"Linden Labs" is just an informal in-house nickname, the company has always officially been called Linden Research Inc.

b4ffeca8c8ce5f4bf2a83e1fdd3171fb.jpg

The Linden Research company logo is based on a lime tree. Why? Because lime trees are known as linden trees.

Another name for a lime tree is Tilia!

I was just thinking the future of VR and was reading about the hand held sensors. I can see these haptic motion sensors being implanted in fingers lower arms upper arms anywhere really a sensor is desired. In the future these will not be suits like ready player one or upload. Maybe a type of press on finger nail & toe nails with quick recharge pads. implants will not be just for opening locks or making purchases in real world in the future. even black mirror did not touch on this concept as far as i can tell. Body piercing locations on body could host external sensors on smart jewelry. tongue, lip, nose, ears, nips, gen, belly button. I personally would not like internal implants when it comes to virtual. Innovative sensor technology eye lashes. or like a 3M type removable self stick sensors with some sort of ultra sound technology to detect cancer.

Edited by Paulsian
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.