Tired of being single on sl

2 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

Have you ever tried playing on a female avatar? 

This actually happened to me today. I was filming for a youtube second life movie I am making and I had logged in a male and female avatar but I was mostly afk as I was working on the movie in my movie software at the same time.  The male and female avatar were just standing in a location afk for no more than 10 minutes. I return to game after 10 minutes and saw this on the female avatar: I GOT 18 IM's FROM STRANGERS wanting to be friends both male and female avatars. But wait there is more! I take a look at my male avatar and he had one IM from a woman stranger cussing him out.  The contrast between the virtual life of my female and my male was stunning lol. The female is loved by all, she has dozens of people wanting to be her friend everywhere she goes. The male, ya, he is hated for no reason lol. I would point out the same soul is playing both.

Image107z.png.9b60a9a427a4881602f6e1f15fabebe6.png

this so true.

I hear 50% from woman population are guy and , the other 50  % are mix of lesbian, straight woman and transgender 

from my calculation, SL population is dominated by  lgbt, and extreme feminist that hate alpha daddy 😜

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Hi Bob Barley,
I agree with the many others who have offered you advice in this thread... but Im going to elaborate a bit on some of what has been said already and then give you
some of my own personal advice from my own experiences SL and RL that can make a difference for you if you take them serious.

1) Do not give up... as Persephone stated above... the girl / boy ratio maybe something like 4 to 1... I personally "guess-timate" 50 to 1, but realistically some of these girls are LGBTQ, or biological female yet currently not interested, some are in relationships of some sort already, and some are here simply to create, build things, indulge in art, relax etc and have no interest in dating.  Despite all of the above I just mentioned, there are still plenty of gals in SL that would like to meet a decent guy for companionship, friendship, romance etc
So don't give up.

2) There are many ways to meet girls if you are sincere about wanting a relationship in SL...  using humor correctly or rescuing her cat from a tree are just two of the many many ways to do it however... some of the very best ways actually are:

A) As a few people above already mentioned... getting involved in groups of mutual interests or hobbies in SL can indeed be a good way to meet new people for friendship , romance or otherwise...no matter what your looking for... opposite sex, same sex or what not.... this is a great place to start.

B) Use a good dating agency in SL that has a lot of traffic. The boards there will show the girls pic, and give you a notecard containing a bit she has written about herself. From this you can both determine if you might have some common ground good enough to meet up at "Java Sprockets" for a latte or whatever.

3) KEEP in mind when using either of the above.... that Second life... when used as a dating or relationship simulator... 
   can be a great way to get to know how well you will get along with someone especially long term.
Do not treat women you meet in SL as video game NPC's. There are real hearts, minds and souls behind the digital pixel bodies so I always tell others...
take the SL woman you get involved with seriously and show her the same respect and considerations over time you would show her or any other in RL.
Bottom line, you get what you give.

4) Women in SL, just like women in RL... get "approached" a lot or often by guys... and many of the guys say pretty much the same crap...
"Hi , your avi is pretty....Hi you have a beautiful avi... hey there love that outfit on you where are you from?  Hi ... age/sex/location ?
or even worse than that... Hey girl... nice rack!"  Many guys use all of these and much much worse.
All of these are boring, predictable and turn women off.  Hell! They turn me off ! Blah! Just yuck!  DONT BE THAT GUY.

Another thing that many guys do that annoys women... when you do not know her and are trying to make conversation with her...
do try to work in a flirtation or a sexual innuendo every 10-30 seconds. Many guys do that crap and all it conveys to a woman is that your main interest in trying
to know her.... is to get her into bed!   AGAIN DONT BE THAT GUY. When you do not know a woman or barely know her... dont try to be cute by working in a "clever"
flirtation or sexual innuendo for every subject she talks about. Its annoying and conveys immaturity, as well how much of a pathetic one track mind loser you are.

Honestly for me to give anyone good advice on opening conversations and meeting new people I would have to show you in person... because each scenario or
situation is different, what is being said will differ , yet the base for learning to do a good opening properly is more or less the same foundation.

With that said the last thing I will point out... because this post of mine to you is getting way too long is this:
The most important thing in meeting someone you might be compatible with is stumbling upon you both realizing you have a natural connection with each other.
You cant force this. When your in conversation with people It either happens or it doesnt. Good example: your with a group of guys thru work or whatever that you dont know and
one of the guys starts talking about how much he loves Smith & Wesson hand guns and why he thinks they are the best... most of the other guys agree with him verbally but you retort... that though you like and respect the Smith & Wesson... you prefer the Glock much more... and one of the guys agrees with you and backs you up on why the Glock is superior...
when that happens... you usually like and respect that guy that backed you up more because you both realize your like minded... as you both just bonded or made a connection... GUYS BECOME buddies from ***** like that...  where as women and men often become lovers, girlfriends or maybe even married which all started from having that one connection.

Wishing you the best Bob Barley in meeting someone you connect with here in SL.  If you want a little help on best way to make good conversations with women or anyone for that matter... message me and I will show you in more detail.
~Cheers

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

Have you ever tried playing on a female avatar? 

This actually happened to me today. I was filming for a youtube second life movie I am making and I had logged in a male and female avatar but I was mostly afk as I was working on the movie in my movie software at the same time.  The male and female avatar were just standing in a location afk for no more than 10 minutes. I return to game after 10 minutes and saw this on the female avatar: I GOT 18 IM's FROM STRANGERS wanting to be friends both male and female avatars. But wait there is more! I take a look at my male avatar and he had one IM from a woman stranger cussing him out.  The contrast between the virtual life of my female and my male was stunning lol. The female is loved by all, she has dozens of people wanting to be her friend everywhere she goes. The male, ya, he is hated for no reason lol. I would point out the same soul is playing both.

Image107z.png.9b60a9a427a4881602f6e1f15fabebe6.png

Thinking about making a female avi

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, MalibuBratz said:

i'll help you make one and then we can catfish all the straights haha jk🤣

And this is why the actual females get questioned and asked all the time to voice verify.  Thanks so much.  Perhaps you've said it in jest but it's exactly what men have been doing since I've been around.

@Kalegthepsionicistthose who continually have to remind people they're an 'alpha daddy' (cringe), usually are not.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

this so true.

I hear 50% from woman population are guy and , the other 50  % are mix of lesbian, straight woman and transgender 

from my calculation, SL population is dominated by  lgbt, and extreme feminist that hate alpha daddy 😜

Your stats are way off, friend. Also, you should probably drop the goofy alpha routine (or at least don't encourage other men to talk like that *twitch*) when hanging around women. Some of us laugh so hard in group IMs when we encounter it in-world. SO HARD. Hell, sometimes the men we're hanging out with laugh, too. You "alphas" really don't want to see the jokes some of us come up with in private. 😂

Anyhoo, SL has a very diverse mix of people from all walks of life. Whatever your particular interest, you can find it here. Now, whether or not people will be real life single vs. married/in a relationship is a whole other thing, and a lot of that has to do with why some relationships don't work or are harder to maintain. But yeah, it's not because half of women are men. That's not at all true.

Source - I've been here since 2005.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And this is why the actual females get questioned and asked all the time to voice verify.  Thanks so much.  Perhaps you've said it in jest but it's exactly what men have been doing since I've been around.

@Kalegthepsionicistthose who continually have to remind people they're an 'alpha daddy' (cringe), usually are not.  

I fully said JK it's not that deep. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
3 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

Your stats are way off, friend. Also, you should probably drop the goofy alpha routine (or at least don't encourage other men to talk like that *twitch*) when hanging around women. Some of us laugh so hard in group IMs when we encounter it in-world. SO HARD. Hell, sometimes the men we're hanging out with laugh, too. You "alphas" really don't want to see the jokes some of us come up with in private. 😂

You no like alpha daddy? That make alpha daddy sad!

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

And I said..."perhaps you said it in jest but..."

Men have been catfishing other men since the start of the internet, idk why you took my joke so seriously. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You no like alpha daddy? That make alpha daddy sad!

Lol, it all reminds me of the True Doms in Second Life video that was made ages ago on YouTube. Omg that cracked us up so much. Take a peek if you haven't seen it. It's a real gigglesnort.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BobBarley said:

Well, since I'm always single on sl, I might as well give up seeking a relationship. I don't want to give up, but I don't think finding romance with a female, is going to be easy at this point. So my question is, should I just give up?

No. Don't let that be the only reason you are in SL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Anyhoo, SL has a very diverse mix of people from all walks of life. Whatever your particular interest, you can find it here. Now, whether or not people will be real life single vs. married/in a relationship is a whole other thing, and a lot of that has to do with why some relationships don't work or are harder to maintain. But yeah, it's not because half of women are men. That's not at all true.

Source - I've been here since 2005.

Actually his stats are pretty spot on. Dead on in fact. So I'd have to respectfully disagree because that's been a well known on going joke for decades and the reason it is, is because it is rooted in fact.👍

Source- I've been here since 2009.👍

And? lol🤣

Fun fact. Alpha males really don't care what women they are not in relationships with or their beta male friends have to say or the jokes about them that people make if they don't have the guts to say it straight to their face. The other team has just as many jokes about that among others as well too you probably wouldn't want to hear. Just saying. That goes both ways mate. lol🤣

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, MalibuBratz said:

I can't believe y'all are grown ass men calling yourself "alpha men"

embarrassing-embarrassed.gif.01c6dc9b75c9cf1459fabd4f8cd94eb1.gif

I can't believe people claim men can have babies and that gender is a social construct in 2022, but yet here we are. lol It's a crazy world we live in. A crazzzzyyyy world! lol🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

That said .. everyone I know who made it work has been under the LGBTQ+ umbrella. I don't know if this makes it easier or harder, smaller population and all that, but personally, I honestly don't know any straight couples that went from here to RL ..

Husband and I met in another VW that existed before the Lab was even formed and neither of us is LGBT+. We've been together in RL for over 22 years now.

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lol, it all reminds me of the True Doms in Second Life video that was made ages ago on YouTube. Omg that cracked us up so much. Take a peek if you haven't seen it. It's a real gigglesnort.

"Don't you see my belt buckle? Only a true dom has a belt buckle like this!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

this so true.

If I were you, I wouldn't quit my day job.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1