Deploy Plan for the week of 2022-04-18

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
Posted (edited)

Second Life Server

The Main Channel will be updated to version 570305 on Tuesday, 2022-04-19. Our engineers will be keeping an extra eye on this roll after some recent hiccups, so it may take a bit longer, or we may end it part-way through and resume later. For the latest news this week, the Status Blog should have the latest information when we know it.

https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/simulator/2022-04-01.570305.html

Second Life RC

We'll be deploying version 570936 to a small subsection of the Release Candidate channels on Wednesday, 2022-04-20. This release uses some more recent technologies from our viewer that the simulator was (until our recent tooling update) unable to take advantage of. We're taking this one slow, so you're likely to see this version move from a few RCs to all the RCs, then finally to Second Life Server as we gain confidence that things are working as expected. As always if you encounter bugs (particularly that don't reproduce on version 570305), please don't hesitate to file a report at https://jira.secondlife.com

https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/simulator/2022-04-15.570936.html

Regions that are not being updated this week will be restarted during the deploy process.

Edited by Maestro Linden
Added release notes link for Second Life RC
  • Thanks 5

On 4/19/2022 at 5:16 AM, Mazidox Linden said:

Second Life RC

We'll be deploying version 570936 to a small subsection of the Release Candidate channels on Wednesday, 2022-04-20. This release uses some more recent technologies from our viewer that the simulator was (until our recent tooling update) unable to take advantage of. We're taking this one slow, so you're likely to see this version move from a few RCs to all the RCs, then finally to Second Life Server as we gain confidence that things are working as expected. As always if you encounter bugs (particularly that don't reproduce on version 570305), please don't hesitate to file a report at https://jira.secondlife.com

Release notes will be forthcoming :)

Regions that are not being updated this week will be restarted during the deploy process.

The prolonged total time for this was disappointing.

Started at 07.01 PDT

Completed at 11.00 PDT

It is hard to trust you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, arabellajones said:

It is hard to trust you.

Trust doesn't come into this.  We would all be a great deal more unhappy if they'd NOT taken greater care over this deploy.  What's needed from LL is competence.  That engenders trust, needed or not.  These slow deploys are irritating, but botched deploys are a lot worse!

Remember, Mazidox announced in advance that both deploys were going to be slow as a result of an "abundance of caution".

For once, give them a break!

Edited by Aishagain
Qualification of obsequious support
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Remember, Mazidox announced in advance that both deploys were going to be slow as a result of an ”abundance of caution”.

For once, give them a break!

+1

So much whining and pestering for such a small inconvenient... I, for one, remember 2006, when I joined, and when the whole grid was down for hours (or even a full day) every few weeks...

Take it easy, folks !  You will be less stressed and will live longer to finally see and enjoy a flawless SL, in a few decades... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

+1

So much whining and pestering for such a small inconvenient... I, for one, remember 2006, when I joined, and when the whole grid was down for hours (or even a full day) every few weeks...

Take it easy, folks !  You will be less stressed and will live longer to finally see and enjoy a flawless SL, in a few decades... 🤣

every Wednesday and then the asset cluster would take a crap randomly, or there would be to many logins hammering the gates (88k maximum) we had some fun times back then.

On 4/21/2022 at 2:43 PM, Henri Beauchamp said:

+1

25 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

every Wednesday and then the asset cluster would take a crap randomly, or there would be to many logins hammering the gates (88k maximum) we had some fun times back then.

I remember the time it was down for a few days, nearly a week ...

I swear, people complaining about how it is now have no idea ...

5 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

I remember the time it was down for a few days, nearly a week ...

I swear, people complaining about how it is  now  have  no idea ...

they really do not, I remember being off work on a 3 day weekend and not being able to get on at all,  the whole grid would be done, maybe with a little life here and there,  but things were sooo bad back then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

they really do not, I remember being off work on a 3 day weekend and not being able to get on at all,  the whole grid would be done, maybe with a little life here and there,  but things were sooo bad back then.

Remember the SNAFU when they did one of the Havoc upgrades and broke just about everything? good luck doing the Numbakulla Pot Healer's Quest after that update ...

4 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Remember the SNAFU when they did one of the Havoc upgrades and  broke  just about everything? good luck doing the Numbakulla Pot Healer's Quest after  that update ...

did you ever help with that, I took down the crashme sims when they had them up, with,  a beach ball and a rezzer, that rezzed 15k, temp beachballs in under 30 seconds.  dan linden contacted me afterwards lol.  they fixed it very quickly.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:37 AM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

did you ever help with that, I took down the crashme sims when they had them up, with,  a beach ball and a rezzer, that rezzed 15k, temp beachballs in under 30 seconds.  dan linden contacted me afterwards lol.  they fixed it very quickly.

I stayed away from stress testing outside of the grand opening of one of the Fur Nation regions - the owners actually encouraged us during the opening party to try and bring the place down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.