Teleport Failed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

in all the time in SL i've never seen this one before. i've seen Teleport Failed before but never with a limit. funny thing (not funny haha), i'd been shopping for some length of time (more than a minute) on one region and had not teleported at all and when i did this error came up. more hilarity later, i relogged and got the same thing.

2 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

You are damned lucky if you can TP more than twice a minute without it locking up and needing a relog.  LL broke TP about 3 years ago and it has never been reliable since, at least not with my kinda connection.

Urgh how I have come to loathe the "You need to relog to be able to teleport again" message when a tp fails without actually disconnecting you. It's like SL saying 'please disconnect yourself, thankies!' >.<

• Like 2

Maybe it is to stop the "Teleport hammers". I read about some store owner who had a huge freebie release, and the store was under constant "attack" from people trying to get in and used teleport hammers. They say it is a huge strain on the region, and that it can crash.

I have used one of those hammer systems and it is quite effective... I am trying to not do it again. And the store are now using different places when they put out gifts, so it is more than one location.

Can region owners put in such limits like "6 per minute" or is it implemented in all of SL?

1 minute ago, EnCore Mayne said:

i can understand that usecase Marianne. unfortunately, in this particular circumstance, i'm getting this error message for a specific region: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Yakuza/62/137/2502 (Asteria mainstore). it's not the frequency attempts. i just logged in after hours offline. first attempt brought up the error.

Really strange. But SL is strange sometimes.

On 4/17/2022 at 2:12 AM, EnCore Mayne said:

in all the time in SL i've never seen this one before. i've seen Teleport Failed before but never with a limit. funny thing (not funny haha), i'd been shopping for some length of time (more than a minute) on one region and had not teleported at all and when i did this error came up. more hilarity later, i relogged and got the same thing.

Just seeing this again now. It's the sort of message I'd expect to see from some heavily trafficked shopping event sim, possibly in response to those "hammer" scripts to get in, but not when going from one nearly empty Mainland sim to another nearly empty Mainland sim. The Lindens should charge more for the use of bots, that will cut down their population.

Ive never seen that message, for me it just locks up and disconects me after a bit.  And it seems to be based on mood, sometimes it happens every other TP, sometimes I can teleport 20 times in a row without an issue.  I cant figure out what the problem is or if there is anything I can do from my side to make it happen less often.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.