Linden Home FLOORPLANS

Alec Kaestner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be a cool idea, if Linden Lab were to publish FLOORPLANS of the various Linden Home styles, alongside their pictures?

I've gone to https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019#Traditional_Homes and can see nice pix, of the homes, and all - but I would also like to see floorplans. I'm not much for multi (small) room homes.

• Like 11

Floor Plans would be nice.  Also, I think it would be nice to maybe have a small island or some such to have a permament model set (with names and types), where as all residents could go and look around at all the models and variations of homes that Linden Lab has.  This may help free users look around and see what they would have as a choice in Linden Homes if they are thinking of going premium.  

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Chad Marbach said:

Floor Plans would be nice.  Also, I think it would be nice to maybe have a small island or some such to have a permament model set (with names and types), where as all residents could go and look around at all the models and variations of homes that Linden Lab has.  This may help free users look around and see what they would have as a choice in Linden Homes if they are thinking of going premium.  

Excellent expansion of the idea!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chad Marbach said:

Also, I think it would be nice to maybe have a small island or some such to have a permament model set (with names and types), where as all residents could go and look around at all the models and variations of homes that Linden Lab has.  This may help free users look around and see what they would have as a choice in Linden Homes if they are thinking of going premium.  

This has been suggested before, more than once, but nothing has happened...yet. Hopefully it's something they have put on their list to do eventually.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

This has been suggested before, more than once, but nothing has happened...yet. Hopefully it's something they have put on their list to do eventually.

First, they should put some new houses in the mailbox for the Traditionals. They are really oldfashioned now, with only 4 options and no individual wall colors. They are really in need of a makeover.

There are other homes with only 4 options, but they are not so tiny as the Traditionals, so it does not feel so bad.

Back to topic:

Can it be a lot of work to release the floorplans and update them as new themes are added? I am not a builder, but can you not print the plans from Blender or whatever program used? Working on a demo region for all homes is maybe a too big project now, they will have to drop some of the 16 versions for Sakura's.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chad Marbach said:

Also, I think it would be nice to maybe have a small island or some such to have a permament model set (with names and types), where as all residents could go and look around at all the models and variations of homes that Linden Lab has.

They did this with Horizons homes, I was recently diverted to one of the info hubs in horizons when my last location wasn't available there is an area with 'mailbox' where you can pick and preview all the homes. I can see why the house is optional there all of the house styles available are pretty terrible

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

First, they should put some new houses in the mailbox for the Traditionals. They are really oldfashioned now, with only 4 options and no individual wall colors. They are really in need of a makeover.

They've already said in the past that when the themes have all been released they intend to go back and update some of the earlier themes. They have talked of adding some more traditional options. If I remember correctly I think It was mentioned that they might had some open plane to the trads.  It's in one of Patch's interviews.

• Like 6

On 4/17/2022 at 6:29 AM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

They've already said in the past that when the themes have all been released they intend to go back and update some of the earlier themes. They have talked of adding some more traditional options. If I remember correctly I think It was mentioned that they might had some open plane to the trads.  It's in one of Patch's interviews.

I'm pretty sure they're already made, or at least one of them is. The Java Sprockets cafe is an open plan Alderley. Or Adams, I forget which.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I found some "Linden Homes floor plans" through Google search. However, the floor plans I found are not correct.

Why? Well, to my surprise and amusement, they belong to a real home building company in the UK called.....  Linden Homes , which has been around since 1963!

😜

There's a development of Linden homes in the town I live in. In the traditionals there's a region with the same name as an RL UK town and that RL town has a much bigger development of Linden Homes 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 4/24/2022 at 5:00 AM, anyamarei Oconnell said:

Shocker: I thought the open floor plan would make the space look bigger! It didn't! But I still really liked the open Aderly and can't wait to see the open plans in the mailboxes! 

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.