Are you lonely in SL?

3 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

the only way you hide is if you do kink .lol

if yout dont do kink  no thing really to hide.

nowadays prople follow seminar via zoom with stranger.

disscuss with stranger in close group .

the only reason people hide is because they do kink  and afraid ot will be use to abuse their rl.

my avi in SL is extended orf myself. not my other version of personality. I was in many verse before lol and all is me. same person and same moral code I bear.

and I dont really care if people want to hide it. its just IMO.

example you, you run sex bussiness of cpurse you should hide your identity and thats is your own bussiness.

So..people who voice AND do kink have nothing to hide? Or, people who voice don't do kink? Or, people who do kink always voice?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

the only reason people hide is because they do kink 

Just stop already.  People don't use voice for many other reasons.  

Anyone who gives any personal information to basically strangers on the internet, whether they 'do kink' or not is not very wise.  Internet safety 101.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Anyone who gives any personal information to basically strangers on the internet, whether they 'do kink' or not is not very wise.  Internet safety 101.

So much this.

And even more basic than that - what I always wonder when people ask these things - who ARE you and why should I spend time talking to you on voice (which to me is pretty much like talking on the phone)? Why are you special? What's so important to say that you can't type it out right here? Explain to me why talking to you is a more enriching experience than listening to Lil Nas X's new single I have blasting in my ears? Really explain why I need to turn off my entertainment and listen to what you have to say right this minute.

To be fair, I say that to my friends, too. I'm sorry but what are you about to tell me that's important enough for me to stop twerking in my chair, Ma'am??? Just type it out! 🤣

No but really, thank goodness I don't run into this often, because that sounds utterly annoying.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, AzrealZen said:

I'd run if they refused to get on voice.

Says the 4 year old account with no profile pic and no profile text. ^_^

Maybe put that you "only do voice" in your profile so people can auto-avoid you and save you a little cardio? 

And I mean, why stop there? If your so into voice, maybe stick your Skype or RL telephone number in there too? why not post a RL pic while your at it? :D

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, AzrealZen said:

I'd run if they refused to get on voice.

but elsewhere, you say this...

On 5/4/2022 at 4:18 AM, AzrealZen said:

that's fine if some are not into whatever but no need to bash it or attach bad intent. i had some of the best experiences of my life in sl on voice. there's some amazing astral persons no doubt i will remember fondly the rest of my life. simply amazing in every way possible saints on earth and in no way negative in fact affirming in all of gods creations. it s a beautiful thing to some, spiritual even! im sure there are animal types but there are poets as well, subline, beyond space and time, i have friends who only voice, i only voice with some, voice is vastly superior to text, no doubt about that at all as I have experienced both. my experiences have been with close friends, never a stranger with persons i know well, in real life as well, always with persons i am close with, attuned with spiritually, deep persons, depth and expansiveness. two souls merging into one is beautiful, sharing subline experiences, a whisper a sigh, a breath

So, if I refuse to voice with you, you'd run?  But you're a stranger to me.  How much time do you need before someone isn't a stranger?  What if I need more time than you?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So..people who voice AND do kink have nothing to hide? Or, people who voice don't do kink? Or, people who do kink always voice?

whatever lol.

actually i dont really F care people want voice or not, but I like people voice i can learn to hear english better.

I dont watch SL tab window all the time I prefer they voice so i can F hear them.

Local chat is the worse many times I missed chat since so many spam there.

one time friend said he said hi and I not respond, I told him after Tp I switch to other tab . wanna talk ? IM

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

whatever lol.

actually i dont really F care people want voice or not, but I like people voice i can learn to hear english better.

You dont want voice thats your F bussines i just write opinion

I dont watch SL tab window all the time I prefer they voice so i can F hear them.

one time friend said he said hi and I not respond, I told him after Tp I switch to other tab . wanna talk ? IM

whatever lol.

You dont want voice thats your F bussines i just write opinion

I give you F in writing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi. I have substantial hearing loss.

SL voice is a nightmare the moment more than one person is talking. It's tolerable for Linden meetings, it's pure hell in a crowd and I will just switch it off.

It has nothing to do with kink, although I find text far superior for holding the kind of delicate, thoughtful and deeply intimate conversations a real exploration of any kink demands.

Do I chat on voice to people I know well, have known for extended periods or have/intend to meet IRL. Yes, of course. Do I use janky SL voice for this, hell no.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

This is where they're supposed to tell me they're secretly Jeff Martin (nobody's getting that reference...lead singer of one of my fav bands in the 90s). Otherwise, nope!

Just to be "that person" ... as in Racer X's Jeff Martin?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Idea: If someone asks for voice, say "yes" but use alien or chipmunk filter. Always.

LMAO...I made a suggestion like that in another thread. Except I want to find a filter that could emulate this, oh my god lololol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The discussion about voicing reminds me of my online gaming and Teamspeak days. For some reason, some members of the guild loved to be on voice ALL THE TIME, and they got offended/mad and refused to include you in dungeon runs if you weren't on voice.

I personally would listen to music, watch tv or movies while I did my thing. I also took my time between dungeons to read or take a walk, but it was disruptive to have these people demanding you to be on voice all the time. It reached a point where they would plain ignore those new people who were to shy or didn't have the microphones to join the voice channels.

Some people are simply not into that, or too shy or whatever. I can also understand people being picky and choosing not to bother with people who won't voice, but you'll miss out of meeting so many awesome people just because of it. It sucks.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SlammedSam said:

Just to be "that person" ... as in Racer X's Jeff Martin?

Nuuuu, Jeff Martin - lead singer from The Tea Party. They were on MTV fairly regularly in the 90s with a few popular singles, but oh man did my dorky little teenage self crush harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd for that man's voice. Had that entire album on repeat daily, lol.

19 minutes ago, Mishlait said:

The discussion about voicing reminds me of my online gaming and Teamspeak days. For some reason, some members of the guild loved to be on voice ALL THE TIME, and they got offended/mad and refused to include you in dungeon runs if you weren't on voice.

I personally would listen to music, watch tv or movies while I did my thing. I also took my time between dungeons to read or take a walk, but it was disruptive to have these people demanding you to be on voice all the time. It reached a point where they would plain ignore those new people who were to shy or didn't have the microphones to join the voice channels.

Some people are simply not into that, or too shy or whatever. I can also understand people being picky and choosing not to bother with people who won't voice, but you'll miss out of meeting so many awesome people just because of it. It sucks.

Yeees, I've been in guilds like that, too. We're doing X! Okay great I'll come along. We're on voice! Oh geez nvm. 😄

I'm the same way - I have music on almost 24/7, or I've got a Twitch stream on in the background - likely competing with my music. I'm never going to shut any of that off just to listen to a group of people talking in my ear. Plus...why is it always the one person with the worst mic who has the loudest dog/friends/neighbors/family/construction in the background? 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Plus...why is it always the one person with the worst mic who has the loudest dog/friends/neighbors/family/construction in the background? 🤣

Dude... right? For me, the guildie you described was a dude with 2 small children and dogs who lived in a busy neighborhood. He always had regueton music blasting in the background and his mic sounded like this.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mishlait said:

Dude... right? For me, the guildie you described was a dude with 2 small children and dogs who lived in a busy neighborhood. He always had regueton music blasting in the background and his mic sounded like this.

LMAO YES! 

Oh my god tho, that would totally be me in summer. Reggaeton and bachata blast at full volume through the neighborhood the instant the weather gets warm. Might get some horribly loud awful karaoke when the neighbors get massively drunk, too. 😂 I'm so glad I don't voice chat often or else I'D be that one guildmate!!! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 6:17 PM, bateliii said:

It's been more than three years since I've had any new friends in SL. I keep myself busy with photography and creations for my store, But at the end of the day I don't really know why I am still  here.. alone, creating random things for my Avatar and then logging off.
No matter where I go, my IM is inanimate. Feels like no one dares to talk to me for some reason. There are times when I want to start a conversation with someone random but am afraid they will think my intentions are inclined to something sexual.
I really want a pleasant and friendly friendship with someone but I don't know where to find that person.
How is the acquaintance going in SL today?

I needed to rant...

No one talking to you, could be that they are afraid of talking to you because of how you look. There was another forum that spoke about this, people said: "I don't speak to many "perfect" looking avatars because I am afraid, they'll reject me" pretty much. So, they might want to talk to you but just afraid you'll tell them to pee off.

Many people probably see you as flawless and see that you probably want to hang around other flawless people, when the truth is we just want to look the best, we can and put in a lot of work for ourselves.

Posted (edited)

There are some people here suggesting that people need to get on voice and prove themselves.

No one needs to get on voice and prove anything, not only is it not your decision or call to make but if they don't want to get on voice then they don't have to. There are plenty of voice sims with people that do, there are clubs with voice adult entertainers if you're afraid that the person you want to take home is a male or female.

The majority of people that get on S.L got on S.L. to escaped First life. You think people want you digging into their personal real-life affairs just to satisfy your suspicions? No.

Second Life is not the real them and regardless of who they are in Rl, when they're in S.L they are anything, they want to be in this world that they're escaping to/relaxing/having fun in. If someone says they're a flying squid monster, they're a flying squid Monster. If you don't like them being that don't talk to them, leave them alone. Not everyone is into wanting to talk to you on mic, rather male or female.

Also, can't count how many times I worked at a sim with voice and trolls/griefers/abusers constantly abused it, not about that life

Edited by Emily Nova
  • Like 6

I think IM chat in SL has been ruined by the way it's primarily used - as a hook up tool.  This is because it's very nature is secretive and private. Anything said in IM cant be seen by anyone else so it's assumed that anything you're saying in IMs is intimate, private - and 99% of the time that is assumed to mean sexual. You can bet that if you have a female avatar and you're in a public place, 99% of the IMs you receive will be from a straight guy (with either a male or a female avatar) looking for sex. If you have a male or non-human avatar, you won't get any IMs at all because those guys aren't interested if your avatar isn't female.

People who are looking for no-sex friendships are not generally using IMs with people they don't already know well.

If you're looking for non-sexual friendships, best things to do is make it abundantly clear in the first page of your profile. Then get involved in local chat.  Best places for this is special interest clubs like sailing clubs, or smaller, less well known music clubs. I don't mean the big ones like Muddys or Franks, but something smaller with up to about a dozen guests.  If there's no local chat going on, start something. For example; "Hey, have any of you guys seen the latest episode of [favourite show]? What did you think?"  Something like that, something that's a conversation-starter but doesnt pry into people's real life or identity. Once you've got a local chat going, thats great, Step 1 completed.

Step 2 is to repeat Step 1, at the same place, at the same day and time every week, week after week for at least couple of months. (Dont repeat the actual conversation topics - try to be original). By this time, you should be well known as a regular and should have built up trust with other regulars. 

Step 3 - at this point you will get more success IMing someone that you're getting on well with in local chat, and asking them if they'd like to hang out with you some time. Be specific - tell them what activity you'd like to do with them, where and when. 

Yes its a lot of time and effort but understand this - friends are never found, they are made.  And making anything, whether it's a cake or a house or a friend, takes a lot of time and effort. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I make friends easy and am looking for down to earth honest people with similar interests.   I'm not looking for online romance in the form of a partner so friends are fine!     

Posted (edited)

Looks are not everything know ones is perfect if your looking for perfect it does not exist.  It's the way you treat people , Body language , and energy and how you carry it.  Be your own friend first  Get in touch with yourself just be yourself and respect and love yourself ask for the same you will do fine.  If you are lonely then create a new life make goals write down things you like to do or what to try get out and explore.   If you shut yourself in your have to take a leap of faith get yourself out so you do the things and enjoy life and people will come on their own. 

Voice is by choice not every does Voice is done in trust when energy is exchanged over time. They would need a typing system that had a voice for some people not everyone is in to voice.  I am Ok with voice as long everyone takes turns not forced time and place for everything.  

Edited by Claraona

In my personal opinion, I find it difficult to find friends because I'm a shy person. I don't go around IM-ing random people. However, I find it even worse going to a public place and trying to start a conversation where people ignores you. Maybe I keep going to wrong locations at the wrong time but I will keep trying from time to time. 

Sometimes after I have finish my photography work, I will be, "What do I do now?". 

I wonder if there are Groups for Photography/Flickr so maybe we can talk about common interest and makes it easier to make new friends :D

• Like 2