Are you lonely in SL?

9 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

he want someone IM, him not local chat.

he want warm friendship not just acquintance ,.

@bateliii     since you are bussiness guy, why dont you try start conversqtion with your customer , and try get close to them😄

customer is your best friend, they give you profit😁

I want to point out that I'm a female.
I once tried to speak kindly to someone but she was mean, to say the least.
When I tried to talk to a random guy, he said something between the lines "I know where it's going to end".
The idea of talking to customers .. maybe I will do it. I don't want to be a 'nuisance' 😃

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bateliii said:

When I tried to talk to a random guy, he said something between the lines "I know where it's going to end".
The idea of talking to customers .. maybe I will do it. I don't want to be a 'nuisance' 😃

You should not expect a 100% success rate, when you start talking to people in SL.
It takes two to tango.
If somebody turns out not to be the right one, there are  hundred thousands others out there in SL, all with different agendas, social capacities, cultural backgrounds,  interests, hopes, dreams and expectations.

Just don't give up and take the time it needs.
SL will never be more than one personally makes out of it.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 6

On 4/17/2022 at 1:26 AM, bateliii said:

because many guy using female avatar  to approach other female.

I think if you can proof yourself a female (voicing)  you might be get accepted.

maybe.. idk 😁

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

I think if you can proof yourself a female (voicing)  you might be get accepted.

maybe.. idk 😁

If your trying to placate some random horndog, sure. But why would you do that?

However, if sexy-fun-time is off the table, why would that matter in the slightest? Unless your an achingly shallow and narrow minded person, the kind (IMHO) best avoided.

Someone asks you to "prove yourself" via voice, run for the dang hills.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

If your trying to placate some random horndog, sure. But why would you do that?

However, if sexy-fun-time is off the table, why would that matter in the slightest? Unless your an achingly shallow and narrow minded person, the kind (IMHO) best avoided.

Someone asks you to "prove yourself" via voice, run for the dang hills.

lol me actually doesnt care who behind avi, aliens, plant, or furry use human avatar, it doesnt matter to me,.

and you see I am pretty new here, so actually that I know from people in SL. some friend told me , and yes it happened to my partner, while some freakng female avi try to approach her.

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

I don't see myself being lonely, I have a few friends I am close with. A small circle not big which is fine for me. I have two partners who are amazing and take up my time when I am on SL. Do I feel lonely? Sometimes if I am bored and no one is on that I chat with or chill with on a daily basis. Most of my friends I have outside SL connections with like Discord but other than that not really lonely. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

lol me actually doesnt care who behind avi, aliens, plant, or furry use human avatar, it doesnt matter to me,.

and you see I am pretty new here, so actually that I know from people in SL. some friend told me , and yes it happened to my partner, while some freakng female avi try to approach her.

Sorry I wasn't making a comment on YOUR character. I don't know you. Just saying that IMHO what you just said here is bad advice for the OP. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 1:26 PM, bateliii said:

Sometimes when I am bored and or lonely, I go somewhere like an event, club etc just to find and compliment 3-5 people on their Profile, pictures or avatar without expectation of anything in return or it going anywhere other than that. Even though it sometimes does result in some chat or an additional friend, at the very least by making someone's else's day better, it has made my own better.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

Sorry I wasn't making a comment on YOUR character. I don't know you. Just saying that IMHO what you just said here is bad advice for the OP. 

if you read again op actually have not issue to find people forbtalk she had IM capped.

and ifnyou read again and think she look for actual relation

close freind ornsumtinglikedatz

soni give her advice,

ifuput border , you will stay at datz border, . if ypu open, people accept you.

of course there are tons perfert and sexmaniac inworld, but you hcan dealt witj them aslong you notlwt youremotion takecontrol yourselfand usebpowerfulbutton of block or mute , or derender

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

ifuput border , you will stay at datz border, . if ypu open, people accept you.

of course there are tons perfert and sexmaniac inworld, but you hcan dealt witj them aslong you notlwt youremotion takecontrol yourselfand usebpowerfulbutton of block or mute , or derender

Whatever you have been drinking, you should pour it down the drain.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 4:17 PM, bateliii said:

It's been more than three years since I've had any new friends in SL. I keep myself busy with photography and creations for my store, But at the end of the day I don't really know why I am still  here.. alone, creating random things for my Avatar and then logging off.
No matter where I go, my IM is inanimate. Feels like no one dares to talk to me for some reason. There are times when I want to start a conversation with someone random but am afraid they will think my intentions are inclined to something sexual.
I really want a pleasant and friendly friendship with someone but I don't know where to find that person.
How is the acquaintance going in SL today?

I needed to rant...

Wow I am sorry to hear this.You definitely have enough activities to keep you busy.Surprised you even have time for friends.Lol.Dont get down on yourself I believe there is someone for everyone here.Be patient,please don't  give up.Just like rl the best ppl come along when you are not even looking.See my pic,I am someone who would definitely be able to use a friend like you.You probably know so many more things about pics than I do.Even an untrained monkey probably knows more than me.Lol.I am one of those shy ones tho.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 2:17 AM, Kalegthepsionicist said:

maybe.. idk 😁

...if the person never heard of voice make-overs. The only real proof nowadays is a video-call.
But do you really want to give away that much of yourself (and your privacy) to a random stranger, just to be allowed to talk to him/her?

I don't think so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2022 at 7:26 PM, bateliii said:

This!

Not only because you are talking to somebody, but you can substantially increase your revenues.
It would give you an edge over competitors. Most shops in Second Life, do not offer the option to talk to somebody pre and post purchase.

I have a small chain of affiliate shops on a few popular adult regions. In all shops I have call-buttons. Those are there for customers who have questions, need advice or a demo. They can contact a "shop assistant" who's botton says "Online". It is very similar to the way real estate companies do it all the time.

MOST of the sales volume in my shops was done in a face to face conversation with a shop assistant. It also gives you the opportunity for cross-selling and up-selling.

Post-Sales Services. So important.

Up-Selling Example:

We* sell Debauchery furniture (and other stuff) . Many people (especially guys) have difficulties in decorating their homes. It's not fun for them, it's a nuisance. Hence the reason we offer help with interior design as a post sales service. Of course, only if they buy their furniture from us. Instead of buying this one bed they had in mind, they end up buying the interior of their entire house. Typical sales volume, something between 10k and 30k.

Cross-Selling Example:

Related products such as the Physics c., INM, Lovense toys, voice huds and our "classic standard product".

By staying in touch with customers, you are first in line to satisfy their future needs (pun intended).

I get invites from customers to their parties and events all the time, and most became friends as well.

Give it a try, ist actually fun! And ALWAYS ask for a review!!

*Takeda Media

Edited by Caroline Takeda
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2022 at 5:26 PM, Caroline Takeda said:

...if the person never heard of voice make-overs. The only real proof nowadays is a video-call.
But do you really want to give away that much of yourself (and your privacy) to a random stranger, just to be allowed to talk to him/her?

I don't think so.

the only way you hide is if you do kink .lol

if yout dont do kink  no thing really to hide.

nowadays prople follow seminar via zoom with stranger.

disscuss with stranger in close group .

the only reason people hide is because they do kink  and afraid ot will be use to abuse their rl.

my avi in SL is extended orf myself. not my other version of personality. I was in many verse before lol and all is me. same person and same moral code I bear.

and I dont really care if people want to hide it. its just IMO.

example you, you run sex bussiness of cpurse you should hide your identity and thats is your own bussiness.

There's absolutely no compelling reason that I've found to hop on a video or voice call with some stranger in Second Life. There are more convincing reasons to do that *outside* of Second Life (especially in the gaming or business arena), but even then, I still don't. You've got to be a very close friend or someone I'm interested in pursuing a serious RL relationship with for me to even bother plugging my mic in. Or maybe have the sexiest singing voice in the entire world. That might work if you promise to sing me a few hits from your latest album.

Plot twist - I do not have an adult business in Second Life. I do interior decorating and I have an ancient marketplace shop on my alt. So no, nothing to "hide" from.

In my 16+ years on this platform, nobody's been weird enough to even try asking for a video call. Voice calls - I rarely get asked for that, either. Probably because I meet new people outside of typical meeting places (in stores and through friends mostly). When I do get the rare request, I always ask why. This is where they're supposed to tell me they're secretly Jeff Martin (nobody's getting that reference...lead singer of one of my fav bands in the 90s). Otherwise, nope!

• Like 9

10 hours ago, AzrealZen said:

I'd run if they refused to get on voice.

Awwwww ....... Still, if you're ever at Franks I'd dance with you. I won't voice though, cause, well you know ...

;) 

• Like 4