What happens when you don't click "Keep" after in inworld purchase?

Jay Mote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What happens to an inworld purchase if you don't click to keep the item after buying? (Ex: The pop up is cut out of your viewer window due to it not being full screen, you've accidentally clicked on something else, interference with your device you're running Second Life on, crashing...ect.)

4 answers to this question

The LSL function that a vendor script uses to deliver the object is llGiveInventory.  If you look at the LSL wiki for details, you will find the note:

• If destination is an avatar that refuses to accept it (by manual decline or muting), is in busy mode, or is offline with instant messages capped, it is not returned to the prim's (that is, the vendor's) inventory; it is deleted.
    • It is not returned to the owner (of the vendor). It does not show up in their lost and found or any other inventory folder.
    • It is not put in the target's (that is, the buyer's) trash folder.

It's GONE.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jay Mote said:

What happens to an inworld purchase if you don't click to keep the item after buying? (Ex: The pop up is cut out of your viewer window due to it not being full screen, you've accidentally clicked on something else, interference with your device you're running Second Life on, crashing...ect.)

You can try a redelivery or if that fails, send the creator a notecard with the transaction and explain what happened.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all a bunch. And yes , before deciding to check here and make a post, I did try sending the creator both a notecard and an IM, as well as trying redelivery, and looking around for and asking if they had their own store related redelivery system in their store that I was in when I made the purchases. Yet, I wanted to ask here, just in case they never get back to me or it happened again in the future and I could have another solution. Also, I believed that I had the option to automatically accept items on, but I guess I didn't or there was an issue that hadn't recognized. But, I never declined it or anything of the sort. It literally never popped up on my screen but the nearby chat and the pop-op on the other side of the screen mentioning payment, did confirm that the transaction did go through and the linden paid was removed from my balance. So, they definitely went through, only the option to keep the items didn't pop up on my screen, in that moment, for either. This is the first time the option hadn't popped up, on my end to keep the items I bought. Thank you all again. I appreciate the support. 

(Update: The creator just got back to me about my notecard and message that I sent prior to addressing the matter here. They were kind enough to send me the items I had been missing. I'd like to thank those who had taken the time to respond to my post, once again. I appreciate the help!)

Edited by Jay Mote
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.