Newbrooke homes and water accessibility

EnchantrixLisa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can't rez IN the water unless its an official rez zone. However if your house is close enough, you can rez the boat in your parcel, sit in it there, and use the Edit window to then move the boat into the water. 

As far as I know there are no Newbrook homes with personal water access inside the parcel.

• Like 3

It depends. In many cases, such as stilts on land that touches water or is partially on the water, you can rez a boat on your parcel, sit in the boat and drag it into the open water. But if you get a home location that is next to water, but the water region is actually designated to be a land region later (as in filling in the edges of a continent), than you won't be able to push a boat out there. I'm assuming that what works for stilts on land would also work on other home parcels that border navigable water.

• Like 3

• Moles

Every Newbrooke region should have a public rezzing zone with about 100LI available with a 5 minute autoreturn for residents to rez their cars, boats, airships... etc. Or you can of course rez it on your parcel, sit in it, and move it from there as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Newbrooke doesn't have much water, there are lakes, but not enough water to really go boating, (i've not been around Newbrooke much, just looking at world map).

I guess later, when the region is more finished there will be water around it, at least I hope so, but for now sailing or motor boats is best done in other parts of Bellisseria (and there are such wonderful places).

• Like 1

• Moles
28 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Newbrooke doesn't have much water, there are lakes, but not enough water to really go boating, (i've not been around Newbrooke much, just looking at world map).

I guess later, when the region is more finished there will be water around it, at least I hope so, but for now sailing or motor boats is best done in other parts of Bellisseria (and there are such wonderful places).

You are correct. Newbrooke isn't a "water" theme. There are lakes and ponds, but they aren't connected to any sort of a river system or network.

• Like 5

If you want to rez a boat near your home, best look for a home either right on the water or near a water rez zone. House Boats and Stilt homes are your best option, Victorians or others on a real coastline (not an undeveloped region) may work too. Remember when house-hunting: Location, location, location!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If you want to rez a boat near your home, best look for a home either right on the water or near a water rez zone. House Boats and Stilt homes are your best option, Victorians or others on a real coastline (not an undeveloped region) may work too. Remember when house-hunting: Location, location, location!

When real world house hunting echoes in SL LOL. 

• Like 5

Another thing to bear in mind is that what looks like sailable water may not be. If you're on the edge of the developed continent, the neighbouring "region" might not be a regio at all but a void. Check by looking at the world map; if there's no tile with a name, there's no region there at all so you won't be able to edit-drag a boat into it. 

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.