Time for increased prims on Homesteads!!!

Wallace Wirefly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We all know LL has offered extra prims (of course for $L) so NOW is the time for LL to offer same for Homesteads!  Knowing a a little about server side this can be done and I think would add additional revenue to Lindens coffers.😉 So lets here why this can not be done OR better yet why it should be done for ALL the homestead owners/renters out there. Let the discussion begin and hopefully LL will move in this direction. 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would rather LL remove the limitations on the amount of stuff that can be rezzed on any private region.

They are finite in size and the only actual server limitations are concurrent avatars and script processing.

Run out of avatar slots or script processing time .. upgrade to the next tier of region, or pick some stuff up.

Simple.

• Like 4

The homestead prim limit was raised from 3,500 to 5,000 prims not too long ago. Very unlikely it will be raised again any time soon.

Yes but if I remember correctly Full sims were raised from 15,000 to 20,000 also. Then LL allowed those regions to buy EXTRA 10,000 prims. So my point is why don't they allow Homestead users to do the same???

1 hour ago, Wallace Wirefly said:

The homestead prim limit was raised from 3,500 to 5,000 prims not too long ago. Very unlikely it will be raised again any time soon.

Yes but if I remember correctly Full sims were raised from 15,000 to 20,000 also. Then LL allowed those regions to buy EXTRA 10,000 prims. So my point is why don't they allow Homestead users to do the same???

Because the higher price of Full Regions includes perks that other types of regions don't have, and that is one of those perks.

It's not a matter of whether it *can* be done (I have no idea regarding the technical side of things), but whether they *want* to do it. If you want all the bells and whistles, you have to shell out for another Full Region, or pay to convert your Homestead to one. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

If this could happen I don't use up a lot of prim but when I had a homestead that I rented I couldn't use my forest I really liked because too many of the trees would increase the prim count. I like to landscape my land I rent because I believe a vivid scenery is important for photos and other things. 10,000 prim would work for me at least for an increase for homestead sims.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

If this could happen I don't use up a lot of prim but when I had a homestead that I rented I couldn't use my forest I really liked because too many of the trees would increase the prim count. I like to landscape my land I rent because I believe a vivid scenery is important for photos and other things. 10,000 prim would work for me at least for an increase for homestead sims.

I had no trouble landscaping my homestead, decorating my home and even had a friend sharing a small section.  All for under 5000LI.  It's just a matter of wisely purchasing low LI items...here's a pic of a small area, fully landscaped...

Happy Labor Day Weekend

• Like 7

I think part of the limitations on homesteads in regards with land impact, number of scripts, and number of avatars allowed has to do with the number of homesteads on a server instance and is also why they are less expensive than full regions.   If limitations were increased and how homesteads were allocated in order to remain performant had to be changed, it might also change the cost factors that are used in determining the monthly cost.  

If a homestead region really doesn't meet your needs, and you are not able to find alternative yet still acceptable content that fits within a homestead's limitations, it might be time to consider a full region instead.

12 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I had no trouble landscaping my homestead, decorating my home and even had a friend sharing a small section.  All for under 5000LI.  It's just a matter of wisely purchasing low LI items...here's a pic of a small area, fully landscaped...

Happy Labor Day Weekend

Yeah I couldn't find trees that fit for me so I downsized the homestead to a rental 1/4 plot area. Also with linden labs increasing the linden sales tax it was only me on the land all the time so I figured to downsize. Yours looks nice  rowan on how you decorated it. 

The front is near a beach and the backyard is small but it works for what I want with my house. The enchanted woods use up a lot of prim because I like big trees lol. 

Snapshot_005.jpg

Snapshot_006.jpg

Snapshot_007.jpg

11 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

I think part of the limitations on homesteads in regards with land impact, number of scripts, and number of avatars allowed has to do with the number of homesteads on a server instance and is also why they are less expensive than full regions.   If limitations were increased and how homesteads were allocated in order to remain performant had to be changed, it might also change the cost factors that are used in determining the monthly cost.  

If a homestead region really doesn't meet your needs, and you are not able to find alternative yet still acceptable content that fits within a homestead's limitations, it might be time to consider a full region instead.

Yeah but a full sim is more money than a homestead I cannot even afford a full sim due to my budget. if homesteads were increased lets say to 7500 prim that would be suitable for most people. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Yeah but a full sim is more money than a homestead I cannot even afford a full sim due to my budget. if homesteads were increased lets say to 7500 prim that would be suitable for most people. 

if you want  a 50% prim rise, a additional 50% on the price is ok? ( LL shoudl have a little profit from the better deal too)

If the homesteads get a uplift, mainland and private full regions should get it too.. and i'm not so sure in the circumstances the world is in now it's wise to make huge economical inworld changes.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, xxVi3perxx said:

You have the wrong tree's then. There's tons of low LI single trees, patches of trees and entire forests. 5k is more than enough to go ham on a homestead when it comes to landscaping.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Yeah I couldn't find trees that fit for me so I downsized the homestead to a rental 1/4 plot area. Also with linden labs increasing the linden sales tax it was only me on the land all the time so I figured to downsize. Yours looks nice  rowan on how you decorated it. 

The front is near a beach and the backyard is small but it works for what I want with my house. The enchanted woods use up a lot of prim because I like big trees lol. 

Snapshot_005.jpg

Snapshot_006.jpg

Snapshot_007.jpg

I have the Enchanted woods, also but they're very prim heavy so I didn't use them.  I've always preferred forested areas also.  It really is a matter of picking the right trees and weaving in other things to fill it out.  Shrubs, rocks, other plantings.  The enchanted woods are nice but the pathways they're connected to are really unnecessary for me.  I like to make my own way through the woods and like the variety I can achieve using multiple trees from multiple sources.  

I guess it comes down to how much you enjoy landscaping.  It's my favorite part of any place I live.  I also get idea from other regions I visit.  I'm not sure if you've heard of HPMD.  Just walking around their region gives me idea even if I don't use their items.  Although, I do have A LOT of their items.

6 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

You have the wrong tree's then. There's tons of low LI single trees, patches of trees and entire forests. 5k is more than enough to go ham on a homestead when it comes to landscaping.

Yeah I looked for trees but a lot of them were not good enough for me to use or what I liked in general. Each to their own I guess. :)

On 4/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, Wallace Wirefly said:

This has a certain plausibility inasmuch as there would seem enough room between 5K and 20K land capacity for a distinct product offering. I too remember that offer to super-charge the land capacity of Full regions, but now I'm not finding where that is ordered nor how much extra it costs. (I'm a Mainlander, though, so it's probably somewhere obvious where I'm not looking.)

Such details might matter because presumably the costs for a "Homestead Plus" would scale proportionally with how the extra land capacity increases fees for a Full region, and that Homestead Plus price would need to be distinct enough from that of a normal 20K Full region. (I.e., if you'd need to pay nearly as much for a 7.5K Homestead as for a 20K Full region, that offer would be a dead letter from the start.)

6 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

This has a certain plausibility inasmuch as there would seem enough room between 5K and 20K land capacity for a distinct product offering. I too remember that offer to super-charge the land capacity of Full regions, but now I'm not finding where that is ordered nor how much extra it costs. (I'm a Mainlander, though, so it's probably somewhere obvious where I'm not looking.)

Such details might matter because presumably the costs for a "Homestead Plus" would scale proportionally with how the extra land capacity increases fees for a Full region, and that Homestead Plus price would need to be distinct enough from that of a normal 20K Full region. (I.e., if you'd need to pay nearly as much for a 7.5K Homestead as for a 20K Full region, that offer would be a dead letter from the start.)

EDIT: This is what I was really looking for to post: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/managing-private-regions-r50/Section_.5#Section_7_1

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Thanks 2

Ah, thanks! So that's US$30/month increase on a base of $229/month, so like 13.1% charge for a 50% increase in land capacity. Projecting that down to a Homestead's $109/month, a 7500 prim Homestead Plus might cost $123/month or so, which certainly leaves a lot of room. Or even increasing it by the whole $30, to $139/month, still seems it could have viability to a reasonable number of customers.

The question is which existing products it would cannibalize. If some Full region customers downsized, that would be a very bad Marketing outcome. Or if it replaced Homesteaders upgrading to Full regions. Or, theoretically, Homesteaders instead renting more profitable(?) partial Full regions, either Estate or Mainland, but I'm guessing that's pretty low demand.

Certainly I'm no Marketing person, but to me this doesn't look crazy.

• Like 1

I'd be thrilled to own/pay the monthly $109 even for a 5,000 prim homestead region. Sure an extra $30 to get it to 10,000 prims would be cool as well, but I'd go with the first in an instant.

Of course, my desire is nothing more than a wish ... since I can't own an homestead without owning a full sim first.

😕

😪

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Of course, my desire is nothing more than a wish ... since I can't own an homestead without owning a full sim first.

Agreed, and if I understand what’s been said so far about Premium Plus, there’s not much hope that will change. Per Reed Linden in a Web User Group early this month, the announcement is now scheduled for late May, with more stuff Premiums now get (stipend, bonus tier, group slots, etc.) plus some reduced nuisance fees. I’d be very surprised now if there’s any consideration of owning standalone Homesteads, nor special creator features such as grid-scope Experiences. I suppose such things may be separate offers at some point, maybe, but without them the Premium Plus thing is pretty much a spreadsheet exercise.

• Like 1

Stand alone homesteads would break so many large rental estates.

It would be nice to have one, rent out two 1/4, and keep one with 2500 Li for myself. It would not cover my tier, but lower it. A microbusiness.

And maybe buy an additional 5000 Li. It is just a dream and it is not going to happen.

I seem to remember that one Linden said in a meeting, that buying a  Homestead without a region first, was not included in Premium Plus.

We have talked a lot about it on the forum a long time. Maybe that was why he said it directly, no teasing.

Edited by Marianne Little

• 9 months later...

Honestly Homesteads are over priced. 109.00 for 5000 prim and such agent limits is high. The current proper pricing would be 58.00 based on current LI/agent allowance.  

Charging 109.00 / month and the 29.99 Premium plus (comes 138.99).  if you do not have a full sim on top of it.

A 10,000 LI and 50 Agent count would be far more correct for base Homesteads. Even if still a bit more expensive then the value.

Edited by Kavarek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.