Question about filling surveys for L$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The OP appears to have made up their mind in advance and will ignore any amount of helpful or cautionary advice.

As for me, I'd never fill out surveys for money, in SL or anywhere else on the internet. Most such sites are a ripoff, and some will install malware on your computer.

But you do you, OP.

• Like 2

I have a solid understading of computer viruses and like i said i am in a position to swap out my machine any day if need be. My one and only worry was the irreplaceable sl account, the one and only reason i started the thread was to make sure i stay within tos. also if anybody needs L$ and cant afford them, ill do them for you :D i see this as a possible bonding activity. sorry if it offends anyone

Edited by Mother Mystic

i know lol im really obsessed with freebies, idk why. if they are allowed ill take them and gladly share with others. when i started out in this big wide online realm i had lots of help from people with very little money so i dont mind returning the favor

Edited by Mother Mystic

There are legitimate ways to earn easy money or get free stuff online. There's even more good free stuff in SL. I'm not saying this survey thing is necessarily dangerous. I get requests to do surveys for Elliot Benson Research all the time.  I used to do Mystery Shopper reviews too, where you go to a store or fast food restaurant, review it and then get paid a little bit for your time. 

It's just at this point in my life, I'd rather not waste my time and gasoline on such things.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mother Mystic said:

I understand. And i don't think they will nor do i want them do. I just want them to certify I won't get banned by doing this. And i've kind of already received that confirmation. ^^ That's all

you won't get banned, but if you keep promoting it "hyper" posting, you might go see several posts get removed.
For the rest, good luck with your money tree, don't come complain if in the , nearby, future your account gets comprimised because of your "profitable"  www activities.
For me it's quite weird this subject comes up so shortly after another account posted a sortlike thing in the employment section.

Stay away from it, they want more than just give you some L$.

• Like 2

These 'take a survey to earn lindens' have been in SL since 2006 when the media got a hold of SL and the hype years began. They offer little lindens with no guarantee of non-malicious intent. Some well known survey places in Second Life way back sold your info to other marketing companies and also had malicious code on the sites that you took the surveys on.

So whilst yes they are legit you get lindens for doing a survey and you wont get banned, you have to keep in mind that you do so at your own risk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/11/2022 at 4:25 PM, Mother Mystic said:

Okay, but why lol thats my question. Im super dooper excited having found this, and knowing i am filling fake surveys, whats the setback?

They could be avenues for hacking you, and your SL account, etc. That's one modern reason to avoid "too good to be true" things. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.