Tattoo Neck Seam Blender Issue

Giselle Chauveau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question y’all, for some reason my neck seam blender appears to not be working. It’s on the tattoo later + I’ve tried moving the layer up + down it appears to not be showing at all. Any help is appreciated. The universal neck blender works but the tattoo layer version does not. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Hm, it could be many things, depending on circumstances. The first, obvious question is; are you using BoM?

For a tattoo layer to not appear at all, would suggest that either the tattoo doesn't contain any texture, or that BoM is disabled. 

Very strange.

There are a couple of things you could try, but it feels as if it should be working already. You can try to force a rebake (Ctrl + Alt + R), but that also should occur whenever you make any changes to your system layers automatically. You could also try to turn BOM off and on again (the 'IT support method').

If neither of those work (and I'm not too optimistic about either of the two methods), I'd personally strip down and start troubleshooting with as few factors as possible. 

Have you tried putting on another tattoo layer (or any system layer, really) to see whether those work?

Yes. I am wearing multiple layers already. They all work just this single one does not. I even had the creator test it before sending it to me. Do you think I need to remove everything + put it all back on? Also how many layers are we allowed? I wear a Lelutka head + Legacy body both are BOM enabled. 

2 minutes ago, Giselle Chauveau said:

Do you think I need to remove everything + put it all back on?

It shouldn't be necessary, as the layer priority shouldn't really be affected by any attachments .. But .. You never know. I usually do it when I run into trouble, just to keep the canvas as clean as possible whilst setting up and making sure that everything looks right before adding things on top of each other.

4 minutes ago, Giselle Chauveau said:

Also how many layers are we allowed?

Like, 64, I think? I've never personally ran into the limit, nor have I heard of anyone doing so (it's a different limit than the attachment limit - that one I have ran into on occasion!).

5 minutes ago, Giselle Chauveau said:

I wear a Lelutka head + Legacy body both are BOM enabled. 

Hm. Is it an Evo X head (/are you using the Evo X layout or the regular Evo layout), and is the layer in question made for Evo X or the standard UV?

Scratches beard.

All right, I'm starting to run out of ideas then, I'm afraid. But I'm also very curious about what the issue might be by now ..

I had something happen to me just yesterday with tattoos.. I couldn't get mine to show up.. Then went to my home which was pretty lag free and they started to work fine..

It could just be that the weekend is so busy and things rezzing really really slow..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

18 hours ago, Giselle Chauveau said:

I feel like this one layer in particular maybe corrupt because all others work fine. Thanks for your response, Ceka. 

You don't have the neck fix mesh piece on do you? That would block the Bom Tattoo more than likely..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.