Is there any way to report something other than the inworld report feature?

SERAFICHESKIY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Title. Basically, I need to report a TOS violation, but the in-world report feature requires that I catch the user in-world, and only has 1 text box to explain the issue. This is not really suitable for this particular situation because;

• The user in question has multiple accounts and it's hard to find them all active inworld.
  • The reason I am reporting is NOT an isolated incident but an ongoing issue.
  • The issue is something I need to provide multiple screenshots and explain in-depth; so a quick text summary will not cut it.

Is there any alternative form of reporting that I can use, such as making a ticket online or similar?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

The AR function in your viewer doesn't actually require you to find the person in world; it just makes it easy to file a well-documented report if you do see the violation in progress. You can submit the AR by just going to the place where the alleged TOS violation occurred and filling in as much of the information as possible.  You can try including links to gyazo images, and you can indicate that you have a long-form version of the report that goes into greater detail about a prolonged pattern of behavior.  The AR itself is a trigger to start a Governance Team investigation.

• Like 1

If it's an ongoing situation, I would file an AR each time I saw the alleged TOS violation occurring, noting that prior AR's had been filed for that same situation, so that a history of the ongoing situation can be seen by the Governance Team.  

My understanding is that the Governance Team assess the alleged TOS violation not only by the screen print provided in the AR, but also through data they find in their internal logs, which aren't kept forever, so I think prompt filing of AR's when a situation occurs is wise. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Greetings, All!

An Abuse Report can be filed at any time through the viewer Help - Report Abuse.  It is not necessary to be standing in front of the user on the region where the behavior happened.  You can always state in the Abuse Report that the reported behavior happened on another region. For instance, if a region crashed, you can report the crash from any region on the grid, but should definitely state in the Abuse Report that the crash happened on ZZZ region and provide the region name. 

If you need more space than what is available on each Abuse Report, as many additional Abuse Reports may be filed so that you can continue adding additional information. 

This includes providing screenshots.  Each Abuse Report provides an immediate screen capture. If you need to provide multiple screen captures, submit multiple Abuse Reports so that each one provides the Governance Team with a screenshot. 

If you are providing a screen capture of a texture, or notecard, PLEASE do not have anything else open at the same time, and try to center the image in the middle of your screen.  The Abuse Report Screen Capture will show the open texture or notecard and will also show the information capture showing who uploaded or created the item and the creation date/time stamp. 

Providing screen captures with the other users profile, unless reporting the actual profile for a violation, does not assist the Governance Team and can end up obscuring the screen capture. 

If abuse is happening across multiple accounts, PLEASE file the Abuse Report against the actual account/avatar that engaged in the abusive behavior.  If you believe that the account/avatar that engaged in the behavior being reported is an alt of another account, then add that information into the Abuse Report itself. 

For Example:

XXX user was doing YYY.  I believe this is an alt of AAA. 

This makes it much easier for the Governance Team to quickly pull up the actual account/avatar that is engaging in the reported behavior.  

• Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.