So annoyed :/ I need to rant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been away from Second Life for a few days. I come back and realize the residential community I live in has shut down and the hours i've spent furnishing the house has gone down the drain along with the 1000's of L i've wasted into the rental as well. This is so f*cking frustrating and disgusting on [redacted]. Just up and throw people out on the street without any type of warning. Lovely way to come back to Second Life

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Sad 3

I am very sorry that this has happened. You are not alone as this story has played out repeatedly over the last year. We get used to our local environment and one day... it's just gone and we don't know why. People assume that a death occurred or someone has financial problems. Because all of this is private, we may never know. Looking forward... you still have all your objects in inventory I hope. If you choose to stay in SL, you can find a new place and rezz those things again. Some of us, myself included, enjoy building and REbuilding... using our art/furniture/landscaping in new ways in new places. If you thrive in a residential community, you might consider Bellisseria.  Linden homes are a good value and you don't have to worry what a resident landlord might do. And some of our mole builders are good looking 😉

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Afkgirl101 said:

I have been away from Second Life for a few days. I come back and realize the residential community I live in has shut down and the hours i've spent furnishing the house has gone down the drain along with the 1000's of L i've wasted into the rental as well. This is so f*cking frustrating and disgusting on [redacted[]. Just up and throw people out on the street without any type of warning. Lovely way to come back to Second Life

Sorry you've had a bad experience in SL.  You should remove the person's name from your post, however.  

Rent in SL is the same as RL.  The only "guaranteed' land is land your pay for directly to LL.  

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 2

• Moles

A quiet reminder:  If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. That includes disagreements with merchants or landlords. Generic rants are fine, but please do not identify the target. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

This can happen when you're renting a place, and it may not be the landlord's fault.

When I decided to sell my land in the Masocado region, I sent out a notice to all my renters giving them a heads up to expect changes, and letting them know I would refund unused rent. But, of course, not everyone logs in every day, and several renters missed seeing the notice.

When I got a buyer, I specifically asked them to NOT mass-return all the objects. I wanted to do a more orderly return of people's things. But instead, the new owner did mass-return everything. I got a number of complaints about that, but once the buyer paid for the land and ownership was transferred, I had no control over his actions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As Diamond Marchant says,  it's much more common that a region owner either decides to leave SL or fails to pay the monthly fees for the region. In either case, the land suddenly disappears without warning and anything on it vanishes into a black hole.  As a renter, you only find out when everything is gone.  As a landowner myself, I worry about that situation because I don't want all the tenants on my region to get the same nasty surprise that you did, @Afkgirl101.  I'm religious about paying my fees before they are due, but I could be hospitalized or walk in front of a bus and not have the luxury of being able to explain my absence to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

As Diamond Marchant says,  it's much more common that a region owner either decides to leave SL or fails to pay the monthly fees for the region. In either case, the land suddenly disappears without warning and anything on it vanishes into a black hole.  As a renter, you only find out when everything is gone.  As a landowner myself, I worry about that situation because I don't want all the tenants on my region to get the same nasty surprise that you did, @Afkgirl101.  I'm religious about paying my fees before they are due, but I could be hospitalized or walk in front of a bus and not have the luxury of being able to explain my absence to everyone.

One of the main reasons I don't buy no copy items and what few I do have rarely, if ever, leave my inventory If it's anything I want to keep. If LL would ever make it possible for us to own a homestead without a full region and without being premium, I wouldn't worry about it so much. If I could afford one.

If, if, if... 🙄🤭

• Like 4

If you are able, (I had to save up L at the time), buy the smallest cheapest plot of land, (I am premium and paid L1000 for whatever the smallest size was you could get 10 years ago),
and have a skybox.
The size of land you can have and pay no tier has actually doubled since then but I haven't got a larger plot yet. (I will eventually).
I don't pay a tier fee nor a rental fee and my stuff is never at risk. (and I get the weekly premium L300 stipend).
It's a difficult decision to make initially but its well worth it in the long run.
It's quite annoying having to shop about for cheap land but - yeah.

It's terrible to see someone stuffed about like this. 😒

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

One of the main reasons I don't buy no copy items and what few I do have rarely, if ever, leave my inventory If it's anything I want to keep.

You actually don't need to worry TOO much about losing those no copy items.

If your landlord leaves SL and LL deletes the region from the grid, simply file a Support Case. LL will put the region back on line for a short time, to allow the renters to recover their Stuff.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You actually don't need to worry TOO much about losing those no copy items.

If your landlord leaves SL and LL deletes the region from the grid, simply file a Support Case. LL will put the region back on line for a short time, to allow the renters to recover their Stuff.

I know. I still prefer not jumping through hoops I don't have to. Getting too old to be wasting time.

I live on a 1/4 sim which I pay $L 7800.00  a month for , or 1950 a week.. I just pay by the month though.. I get 1248 prims

I've been living in this community since like 2006 and  it's been nothing but a pleasure.. They have a couple openings in my sim and I'm sure there are other options also..

They have a sim or maybe it's a couple of sims that they call first land, which when I was on those ,they were double prim.. They are smaller lots but are like 400 a week..

I'm not sure how they are compared price wise with other places.. But It's been a nice place that has always been there for me for years and years and not any problems with my neighbors..

It may be an option..

I see so many people come to the forums with land problems that I've never really experienced my whole time there..

I'm not gonna put their name here because it may fall under advertising someones business, which isn't my intention..

I just know it can be a pain to find a nice place to call home in this world sometimes and Sometimes can't help myself but to tell someone about the place..

If you have a hard time finding a place or are interested in checking out their sims, you can IM me in the forums or if you see me online in world.. I'll give you an LM..

I hope things work out for you either way. :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.