Best place for boating besides Blake sea??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Finding Rez zones can be tricky, but there's a lot of navigable water on the combined Heterocera/Atoll continents. There's a new coastal channel on the North side of Bay City, connected via the ANWR channel to the Atoll continent.There's also a chain of connected small seas. though some of the channels are are a bit dodgy.

There's also some deep-water seas south and east of the Sutherland Dam--really deep water that's good for submarines as well as surface ships.

There's a Ban-Line HUD which warns of looming ban lines and shows possible rez zones

• 1 year later...

Gene Turner wrote:

There is no open ocean sailing in the FRUIT ISLANDS. I was just kicked out due to RESIDENTS ONLY!

I sail Fruit Islands all the time with no trouble.

They do have some rules there such as no nudity.  Did you get / read the note card at their Marina?

Unless this is a new developement. Last time I was there was about two week sago.

Gene Turner wrote:

There is no open ocean sailing in the FRUIT ISLANDS. I was just kicked out due to RESIDENTS ONLY!

Out of curiosity I once sailed through all regions in Fruit Islands.  No problems.   Since then I have gone sailing there often.  Never been kicked out from there even though I don't live there.  Just a few days ago I was there and again no problems.

Coby Foden wrote:

Gene Turner wrote:

Out of curiosity I once sailed through all regions in Fruit Islands.  No problems.   Since then I have gone sailing there often.  Never been kicked out from there even though I don't live there.  Just a few days ago I was there and again no problems.

If I recall people who live there are allowed to set security orbs on their parcels though it is discouraged.

I'm wondering if he ran into one. 

I'm going to need to read their rules again.

Unfortunately, seems that rules changed there. Here is part of a conversation there a few days ago:

E: Just wanted to inform you that you are in a Residents Only Area. Please note that only our residents can use our hang out places and the ocean.
[2013/05/24 15:24] A: ok, but is it possible to sail around your islands?
[2013/05/24 15:24] E: only residents can
[2013/05/24 15:25] A: so, whole fruit is private?
[2013/05/24 15:25] E: we are not a public ocean, but residents only
[2013/05/24 15:25] E: of course
[2013/05/24 15:25] A: ok, i haven't known
[2013/05/24 15:25] E: our residents are paying for the privilege of using the ocean

Others reported similar  while some was sailing in Fruit Islands without problems.

Vania Chaplin wrote:

Unfortunately, seems that rules changed there. Here is part of a conversation there a few days ago:

E: Just wanted to inform you that you are in a Residents Only Area. Please note that only our residents can use our hang out places and the ocean.

[2013/05/24 15:24] A: ok, but is it possible to sail around your islands?

[2013/05/24 15:24] E: only residents can

[2013/05/24 15:25] A: so, whole fruit is private?

[2013/05/24 15:25] E: we are not a public ocean, but residents only

[2013/05/24 15:25] E: of course

[2013/05/24 15:25] A: ok, i haven't known

[2013/05/24 15:25] E: our residents are paying for the privilege of using the ocean

Others reported similar  while some was sailing in Fruit Islands without problems.

I hate to ask the obvious but was this conversation with an Estate Mgr?

Vania Chaplin wrote:

Hmm...  I must then be one of the lucky ones for not being kicked out.

I wonder why they don't want visitor sailors there to enhance the scenery?  When I've been there all regions are mostly empty - only very few avatars scattered far apart in some islands.  Pretty much a dead place what comes to avatars presence there.  Only lively place there seems to be Mango - when there is a concert going on.  Soon after any concert Mango will be empty again, like lots of the other regions in Fruit Islands.

Well, it's their rules - even though that rule looks very strange to me.  Maybe they love a dead place? :smileysurprised: :smileytongue:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I hate to ask the obvious but was this conversation with an Estate Mgr?

It was with a group officer, if she has estate powers, I don't know. Anyway, in the description of the sims there is: "Fruit Islands - Residents Only Area -". OK, their politics, I can only respect

Yep. When we was talking about this, in slsailing group, there were as many people saying that had siled recently there without any problem as people that was invited to leave the area.

For my part, there are many places to sail, and I prefer to have companion, even if just by sight :-)

It is kinda new development, Perrie, they have an estate manager going wild and chasing away all naval traffic if she catches them. No problem tho since the adjoining North Sea and Eden areas are still open for all. And in the North Sea as well as Eden you are encouraged to bare all prims and textures and show of your sexy green skin.

Orca Flotta wrote:

It is kinda new development, Perrie, they have an estate manager going wild and chasing away all naval traffic if she catches them. No problem tho since the adjoining North Sea and Eden areas are still open for all. And in the North Sea as well as Eden you are encouraged to bare all prims and textures and show of your sexy green skin.

Thanks.  It is their Estate, their rules.

Not much more I can say other than I think it's bad MoJo for them.

Orca Flotta wrote:

I'm looking to buy a speed boat any suggestion ?

BERDAVmarine
, no question, no competition. They are on MP but, much more important, they have a shop next to Blake Sea where you can demo the boats.

Absolutely. Atleast if you have enough pedal power: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BERDAVmarine-Pedalo/1768334

That's the only boat listed.

/me checks out the inworld location later.

That's the only boat listed.

/me checks out the inworld location later.

Weird, when I type BERDAVmarine into the searchbox on MP I get 5 pages of results.

But it's really best to see their **bleep** inworld. You can even do a testride from their boatyard in Holly Kai Three.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=BERDAVmarine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.