Using Skrill to buy Lindens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Nymphetamena said:

Hi, with all the Alts in SL it makes them easier to spot when they have no payment info on file.  I am curious though when using Skrill to buy Lindens that does that show up as "Payment Info on File" or not?

Thanks.

No idea about Skrill but all my alts have payment info on file.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Nymphetamena said:

Hi, with all the Alts in SL it makes them easier to spot when they have no payment info on file.  I am curious though when using Skrill to buy Lindens that does that show up as "Payment Info on File" or not?

Thanks.

Check your own profile. It should show you do have PIOF if you are using Skrill.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

27 minutes ago, Nymphetamena said:

Thanks Rowan, and I did not mean to imply that Alts never show payment info, but it is usually a dead giveaway when there is no payment info on file and yet the person has a perfectly built BoM body :).

Skrill is basically the same as PayPal so I'd assume it would show as PIOF or PIU. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nymphetamena said:

Thanks.

Some people get an alt as a bank account. The alt has PIOF but does nothing, buys nothing but Lindens and by not clicking on anything the accounts are safe(r). Then the account that does everything can’t have PayPal hacked or a bank account hacked, they have no access to them.

My alts all have PIOF, its hard to tell what is best.

• Like 2

in some situations it works out to be an alt

like one time my alt made a group. They were the group founder and owner.  On my main account I joined the group as a member, and contributed tier.  My alt then bought a mainland parcel for the group. Effectively my alt was the owner of the mainland parcel without being a Premium member and lived happily on what was now their own place

I have, in the past, added payment info to an alt and then used it to buy some L$ -- which sets the profile to "Payment Info Used" -- and then removed the payment info.  So all of my alts that are actually used much do show the Payment Info Used, though only the current Premium accounts actually still have payment info on file.

As to the Skrill part -- it is the same as using PayPal or a charge card.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 8:25 PM, Nymphetamena said:

Hi, with all the Alts in SL it makes them easier to spot when they have no payment info on file. 

sometimes it is, mostly not.

On 4/4/2022 at 8:39 PM, Nymphetamena said:

it is usually a dead giveaway when there is no payment info on file and yet the person has a perfectly built BoM body :).

don't make combinations that aren't there, a good look has not a lot to do with payment info. 
Working in SL, or a store/ services  can give more than enough to maintain a SL life as up to date newest mesh and clothes, without ever using  a payment method.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 10:23 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have, in the past, added payment info to an alt and then used it to buy some L$ -- which sets the profile to "Payment Info Used" -- and then removed the payment info.  So all of my alts that are actually used much do show the Payment Info Used, though only the current Premium accounts actually still have payment info on file.

As to the Skrill part -- it is the same as using PayPal or a charge card.

That is.... *slinks off to remove payment info on her alts*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.